The STC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The STC Forum

www.sheeptagforum.tk or https://sheeptag.forumotion.net/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament

Go down 
+15
Azzuro
EnStekPaNnaWOLF
ShoresOfEden
SKiLL_OwnZ-
Madhatters
XXXandBEER
e8lakes
Exa
BEeeH
TraxxWOLF
Night
CHIEFHERO[SKS]
Map
Shoop
Effloresce
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Azzuro

Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 1:52 am

Because i had an actual reason and did not sit in the channel and discussing my not knowledge of poiltical things like u did?
Back to top Go down
Map

Map

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 2:11 am

Yeaa. It was a nice tournament!

Next time we could change:
Not so OP teams.
We've played vs a fucking good team, where we didnt even have any chance.
Next time we could random all people who wanted to play and the teams would be fairer..

But it was really fun(:
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 2:40 am

there are a shitload of good players who havent been used for this tourney. i might as well have asked cmk/drew/shoop/grim to play for me instead of traxx/enstek/exa/chaise. they would all accept, and my team would be more or less equally good as the team i have now. you have failed in getting good players on your team.

Back to top Go down
TraxxWOLF

TraxxWOLF

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 4:05 am

Mappy's proposition is the worst idea I ever heard ( no offense)

If we presuppose everyone play to win, why wouldn't the best players match up a team together? Playing a tournament, not to win, is just stupid. Then we could just play versus games, whats deal otherwise?

You never hear people say "let's random all football players into different teams so no teams can be better!!"

A team of: Beeeh Grim Drew CMK +1 (shoop/night/w.e) would make a great competition.
Back to top Go down
Effloresce

Effloresce

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 4:15 am

Mapgrid is completely right though.

What's the point of winning if you didn't defeat anyone worthy in the process?

Nevertheless, ganging up like you have done and taking many of what many consider to be the best players in the community from each clan demoralizes everyone else. It's irrelevant what you feel or what rational argument you present against this - the case is still that other players perceive themselves to have no chance and are demoralized which in turn is a negative for the community as a whole.

It's also a problem when players with leadership and networking qualities such as clan leaders all gang together. It makes everything 10 times more difficult and one is left having to rely on players who aren't as involved, don't have the ability to organize a team, and don't care as much.

Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 4:25 am

can u guys post the replays of your games(twix vs sidey)?

Back to top Go down
Map

Map

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 4:30 am

TraxxWOLF wrote:

If we presuppose everyone play to win, why wouldn't the best players match up a team together? Playing a tournament, not to win, is just stupid. Then we could just play versus games, whats deal otherwise?

You never hear people say "let's random all football players into different teams so no teams can be better!!"

A team of: Beeeh Grim Drew CMK +1 (shoop/night/w.e) would make a great competition.

No. It isnt.
I never said that all teams have to be equal.
Atleast the teams should have been a bit fairer.

'lets random all football players into different teams' - That would be a great idea also. People play with other people, more fun, etc.

If the teams got like 1 Legends 3 Pros and 1 Decent player it would be fun also.

You can also play with a worse team than you have atm 'Traxx, Amir, Chaise, Steko, Shoop ( idk anymore) '
Its no fun to win with 4 teams.
1 team is super op.
1 team is very good.
1 team is good.
1 team is decent.

It would be more interested if teams are more equal to make it EXCITING!
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:05 am

Azzuro, I played to help the tournament for a team I knew had no chance of winning. I did my best the 1st round and left to eat when your team refused to suicide so that we could get the game over with.

How is that reason any less valid than your lousy planningskills? How can it be hard to postpone a dinner 1 hour when you know of this 1 week in advantage?
Back to top Go down
Pab

Pab

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:32 am

TraxxWOLF wrote:

Our team is : Me Twix Martin CMK and Night(or azzuro or lakes)
I Think we can win vs Amir team Traxx, It will be also a great challenge ^^
Back to top Go down
Exa

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:41 am

Like Amir said, there is plenty of good players, Cmk, Grim, Drew, Martin to name a few, have you even approached these players and asked them to play?

One of the reasons to why I joined Amirs team was because he asked me first, as far as I know he ran around bnet asking everyone in our team if they wanted to play or not, if you had shown similar ambition you could also have had a lot of good players on your team.

PS: cred to BEEEH for participating despite having (what many believed to be) a inferior team.
Back to top Go down
Effloresce

Effloresce

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:57 am

Shoop wrote:
Azzuro, I played to help the tournament for a team I knew had no chance of winning. I did my best the 1st round and left to eat when your team refused to suicide so that we could get the game over with.

How is that reason any less valid than your lousy planningskills? How can it be hard to postpone a dinner 1 hour when you know of this 1 week in advantage?

Azzuro is a complete meathead and cannot be relied on for shit. Yet that is the sort of thing I expected and planned for - retards having to walk their dog and clean their rooms because mommy is shouting.

What Shoop did is unforgivable on the other hand. Shoop is an extreme liability because he could emotionally explode at any given instant - and so he did. Future organizers should give other players priority over Shoop because he brings unneeded risk and puts the tournament in jeopardy - his ego is unable to deal with the slighest mishap.
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 7:02 am

The problem with your arguing is that it had nothing with emotions to do.

I didnt sign up for anything, I helped out beacause there was noone who wanted to participate. If I had signed up for the tournament I would obviously have played all rounds, but as I see it I played for a team consisting of "whoever was around" and therefore had no obligation whatsoever to do more than to do my best in the rounds that started with me in them.

The people you should focus your criticism towards are the people who didnt suicide when the round was over. This kind of mentality is extremly dangerous for a tournament if we start to accept it. We need to act strongly against this, like I did, or tournaments will be completley impossible to pull off in the future.
Back to top Go down
Night

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 7:19 am

I am UNavailable for 1-2 weeks because im skiing with my family. Do not sign me up for any team. I will inform u when im back , i'd say it will be like february 9 or something.
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 9:47 am

Given the recent development I think we should suspend either Exalius whole team and give the finalplace to Trollpro and Geeks or suspend Exalius as an individual and force team Freaky Shit to find a replacement.

And btw I do not have a selfinterest in this and I am not interested in being that replacement.
Back to top Go down
Exa

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 9:51 am

lol ^^

Do that, but then also suspend: Cmk, Twix and Beeeh considering they have been caught maphacking ages ago.

Now, even if we assume in theory that the printscreen posted was of my wolf (nothing suggests this) this printscreen was still taken months ago, there is no proof whatsoever that I used any kind of hack during the tournament - because I didn't, but if you have this proof = feel sure to post it.
Back to top Go down
EnStekPaNnaWOLF

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 10:04 am

Shoop wrote:
Given the recent development I think we should suspend either Exalius whole team and give the finalplace to Trollpro and Geeks or suspend Exalius as an individual and force team Freaky Shit to find a replacement.

And btw I do not have a selfinterest in this and I am not interested in being that replacement.

Why? Amir specifically told us to not use mh even if we had it and i'm sure Exa listened and didn't use mh during any of the matches. If you still believe so it's your job to find some evidence to back you up.

It doesn't matter if Exa uses mh every other day of the year as long as he didn't use it during the match.

Post proof or shut up. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 10:16 am

Exalius have already lost the benefit of the doubt. It is not up to anyone to post further proof he is a cheater. We already know he is and we already know he doesnt respect the community. Obviously his teammates will argue against this, but if we keep the discussion between unbiased people I think it will be more constructive.
Back to top Go down
Jean-Mii

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 10:18 am

To my mind, players that we caught maphacking shouldn't play any tournament games. just my opinion
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 10:28 am

this is all noise. ignore shoop until sidey replies, then we take it from there. it will be a TOTAL disaster to disqualify my team based on the chance that one of the players were cheating, as if polar/beeeh/twix/cmk/many others have never been busted for mh before as well.

nothing is changed for now. we're in the finals.
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 10:36 am

When have any other participant in this tournament been caught maphacking?

And if we should ignore anyone, it is the people who have personal interests invested in this issue such as Exalius and his teammates.

But yeah it is a hard question if his whole team should be thrown out. But I dont see how ANYONE can argue against Exalius being thrown out. We KNOW that he maphacks.
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 10:49 am

we know that he has maphacked. and the same applies to polar and twix and beeeh(who have been busted beyond doubt, and some of them have admitted it). and there are good reasons to suspect that others in the tourney have used mh at some time as well. so i guess the finals will be sideys random alliance vs shoops random alliance if we listen to shoop.

anyway, shoop got no personal investment in the tourney so it doesn't affect him if it gets completely ruined. everyone else has a GOOD reason to want this tourney to be as good and fun as possible, so ignore shoop and we continue on as planned.

if necessary, im sure exa will agree to stream his matches for the finals so we know he doesnt mh. ADIOS SHOOPIE.
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 11:21 am

I wasnt aware twix and Beeeh got caught maphacking. How, where and when did this happend? Polar isnt even in the tournament and I have a very good reason wanting this tournament succeed, I want whats best for sheep tag and this community. Which is a successfull tournament, and I think not allowing maphackers would be the groundpillar of that. The discussion is if the whole team should suffer for Exalius cheating or if we can justify only suspending him?
Back to top Go down
Chakra

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 11:46 am

Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 11:57 am

I obviously reasoned like an idiot back then and regardless what I say now I will sound like a hypocrite, but today when I realize how hard it is to prove someone maphacks and what a destructive force it have been for sheep tag I can honestly say I have changed my opinion.

Maphack is such a serious offence that I think we should suspend maphackers from tournamnts a competitive gaming for a certain period of time. Maybe 6 months or even a year.

But the point that we cant prove Exalius maphacked in this tournament is ofcours still valid and I think justifies not punishing the rest of the team. Find a replacement for Exa and I am happy.
Back to top Go down
XXXandBEER

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 11:59 am

herp derp serp derp
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next