The STC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The STC Forum

www.sheeptagforum.tk or https://sheeptag.forumotion.net/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament

Go down 
+15
Azzuro
EnStekPaNnaWOLF
ShoresOfEden
SKiLL_OwnZ-
Madhatters
XXXandBEER
e8lakes
Exa
BEeeH
TraxxWOLF
Night
CHIEFHERO[SKS]
Map
Shoop
Effloresce
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Effloresce

Effloresce

Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:12 am

So far all tournaments have been hosted by amateurs and crackbrains that are easily manipulated and generally incompetent. It's time a PROFESSIONAL stepped up and show all you kids how to host a successful tournament. Perhaps then, in the future, other kids will be able to do the same.

Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament Pppppl

Format: 5v5, 20mins. Semis BO3, Final BO5.

Date: Semi-finals 18:00 GMT +1 Sunday 29th January. Final at 18:00 GMT +1 Sunday the 5th of February.

Sign-up: Post your team in this thread + substitutes. Europe teams only and players with good reputation will be given preference. First come basis.

Rules:
You may use any player as a substitute that hasn't already participated in the tournament and that hasn't been signed up contingent upon the other team accepting.

If you disconnect the game goes on as usual no questions asked.

There will be no rescheduling.

Replays to be posted.

All information about the tournament to be contained in this thread.

No sharing allowed. [SHEEP TEAM ONLY]

No pausing allowed.

If another team does not show up within 30minutes of the designated time that team is disqualified.

Prize:

Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament Rrrrrz

Teams signed up (3/4):

Quote :
Team FreaKy ShiT
members: chiefhero[sks]
exalius
traxxwolf
enstekpannawolf
chaiserae[behh]

Quote :
Team Behh1:
Night
Lakes
Twix
Pab
Azzuro

Subs:
Polar
Baiten
Rune( I dont know if he wants to play , so until now hes sub).

Quote :
trollpro & GEEKS

BEeeH- (C)
Tayvano
Hanku
Trollpro
Blling-Blling

waterboys:
Baiten
nomapgrid
Lizo-

WINNERS

Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament Rrrrrz

Freaky Shit

Chaiserae[behh]
TraxxWolf
Chiefhero[sks]
Exalius

Honorary mention:

Enstekpannawolf
Hanku

Replays from the final: www.2shared.com/file/ASK1L4ej/ReplaysSideyGridderFinals.html

Last edited by Effloresce on Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:35 pm; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 4:17 pm

Great initiative and tournament format. It would also be cool if this was a recurring event, "The Sideygrid Belt" or something like that and we could have similar tournaments with different titles throughout the year. I think most people would want to get as many "titles" as possible and through a longer perspective those arrangers that do the best job will also become the most popular and wanted titles.

Anyway I made this tournament an annoucement so that noone misses it. If requested/once needed we will obviously make a temporary forumsection for it.
Back to top Go down
Map

Map

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 8:49 pm

Sounds nice.
But whats a ''good reputation'' for you?
Back to top Go down
Effloresce

Effloresce

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 9:43 pm

You have a good reputation.

If noble_tagger (unknown guy) or a_polar (mongo ruiner) try to sign up they will be discarded for more serious teams because I can't depend on them.

Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:47 pm

i want the sideygridder belt. my team is onboard

Team FreaKy ShiT

members: chiefhero[sks]
exalius
traxxwolf
enstekpannawolf
chaiserae[behh]
Back to top Go down
Night

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:16 pm

Since behh team will probably Want to play so i will sign them up:

Team Behh1:

Night
Lakes
Twix
Pab
Azzuro

Subs:

Polar
Baiten
Rune( I dont know if he wants to play , so until now hes sub).

This is not FINAL team , i might switch and change players in course of time.

p.s Do u really think we will manage to get 4 teams? Might be a difficult thing to complete since there is only EUROPEANs allowed.

Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:24 pm

1) no invis rule? take care of the maphack advantage

2) sheep choose host/colours?

3) sharing allowed?

4) pausing?

5) how long after match-time does a team have to gather the entire team? 10 min? 15? 0?

6) saving allowed if 1 player discs? (huge tactic to ''drop'' a wolf once one sheep is dead. wolfs dont have to worry about wisps getting saved + 1 wolf would be afking in the middle anyway. its like letting bruce lee camp.)
Back to top Go down
Effloresce

Effloresce

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 4:00 am

Rules updated.

Keep in mind that this tournament does not aim to have the best or most thought-out rules. Everything will be as simple as possible.

Now we can have two more teams? Lets go.
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 5:04 am

Who gets the title? Everyone who played a game, everyone who played both wolf and sheep, everyone who was signed up for the team etc?
Back to top Go down
Map

Map

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 6:12 am

No Sharing for Iron Golems?
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 9:16 pm

we could get larry on-board here if anyone is interested. seems like hes willing to organize/stream/cash prize for a tourney.

i take it that few people care about the extra 30 dollars for 2-3 kebabs, and we already got an organizer. but we could ask larry to stream the matches for anyone who wants to watch + have 2 geeks(possibly larry and someone else) commentate throughout the matches. they could later be uploaded to youtube.

this would be amazing + fun.
Back to top Go down
TraxxWOLF

TraxxWOLF

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 9:37 pm

CHIEFHERO[SKS] wrote:
we could get larry on-board here if anyone is interested. seems like hes willing to organize/stream/cash prize for a tourney.

i take it that few people care about the extra 30 dollars for 2-3 kebabs, and we already got an organizer. but we could ask larry to stream the matches for anyone who wants to watch + have 2 geeks(possibly larry and someone else) commentate throughout the matches. they could later be uploaded to youtube.

this would be amazing + fun.

Would be totally awesome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 1:44 am

I dont think we should have a cashprize. It will undermine the incentive of winning the tournament for honour.
Back to top Go down
Effloresce

Effloresce

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 4:45 am

Who gets the title? Players that played both games. The rest get a honorary mention!

It's a shame that so many high profile players with good networking and leadership abilities don't have the guts to branch off rather than clump together. Makes forming several teams 20 times more difficult and ultimately hurts not just yourselves but everyone in the community.

As for all these extras, I don't care. This tournament is going to be as simple as possible.

EDIT: As for a cash prize - NO. Incentive is quite high with no award - it drops HARD with a small award - and then climbs with a big award.

A small cash prize makes people try and care less.

Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 5:00 am

Quote :
Who gets the title? Players that played both games. The rest get a honorary mention!
Quote :
As for a cash prize - NO. Incentive is quite high with no award - it drops HARD with a small award - and then climbs with a big award.

Nice!
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 5:59 am

whats the deal with no americans? it would be easy to form 4 teams if we allowed good players from usa to participate. make a limit of 1 sub per team and allow certain americans to play, baddabing baddabong we got 4 teams.

noone wants to participate in a tourney unless certain needs are fulfilled. and the most important one is getting to play with people you want/like to play with. i didnt get a sub yet because i'll get any tier2/tier3 player as a sub that doesn't have a team AFTER the other teams have been formed. i also excluded other great players from my team(cmk shoop grim drew sidey beeeh ++) despite the majority of my team preferring any of the said players over certain current players in my team.

there you go. 5-6 ''tier 1'' players don't have a team, while i use a player who's usually referred to as tier 2-3. there's also a shitload of tier 2 players. no more excuses. make teams and lets get it in.
Back to top Go down
BEeeH

BEeeH

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 6:34 am

yo sign my team up

trollpro & GEEKS

BEeeH- (C)
Tayvano
Hanku
Trollpro
Blling-Blling

waterboys:

Baiten
nomapgrid
Lizo-

Last edited by BEeeH on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Night

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 7:06 am

BEeeH wrote:
yo sign my team up

trollpro & GEEKS

BEeeH- (C)
Tayvano
Hanku
Trollpro
Blling-Blling

waterboys:

nomapgrid
Lizo-

Remove my team guys , this team is unbeatable and there is no use in playing this tournament anymore. Gj at making stacked up teams as usual
Back to top Go down
Exa

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 1:00 pm

I don't see how we are gonna get 4 European teams? 3 teams would be possible WhiS vs Behh vs CsB then we need one American team for 4.

Bring on de games, I'm ready brusch.
Back to top Go down
e8lakes

e8lakes

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 1:08 pm

Exa wrote:
I don't see how we are gonna get 4 European teams? 3 teams would be possible WhiS vs Behh vs CsB then we need one American team for 4.

Bring on de games, I'm ready brusch.

traxx, steko, hanku and 2 others prolly can build a decent team
Back to top Go down
XXXandBEER

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 1:11 pm

Sign me up

Team Trailer Trash
XXXandBEER
Burn_Jew_Burn
Midgetpunter92
Yoonabomber
Pakattak

Here to claim whats rightfully mine that dam sidey belt!
Back to top Go down
Effloresce

Effloresce

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 9:47 pm

Beer I have never heard of any of those players. You'll have to convince me that you're both serious and that have you the resources to mount a team.

Back to top Go down
TraxxWOLF

TraxxWOLF

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 am

This is no clan matches?

Me and steko are already in a team
Back to top Go down
XXXandBEER

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 12:46 pm

You've never heard of any of those players because you don't ever play east sign my team up unless your scared
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 9:30 pm

dont listen to beer.

i talked with cele yesterday, he was going to try and get a team with drew/grim/zo0 etc...he was seemingly genuine. but we all know how drew operates. hes gonna find some way to manipulate east kids not to play just to ruin the tourney. amirs has SPokEns!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament   Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament Empty

Back to top Go down

Sidey's Sheep Tag Tournament
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next