The STC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The STC Forum

www.sheeptagforum.tk or https://sheeptag.forumotion.net/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion

Go down 
+5
TraxxWOLF
SKiLL_OwnZ-
Night
Nmcdo
XXXandBEER
9 posters

What map should be used for the Winter Tournament?
Option 1
Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion  Vote_lcap21%Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion  Vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Option 2
Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion  Vote_lcap14%Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion  Vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
Option 3
Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion  Vote_lcap64%Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion  Vote_rcap
 64% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
XXXandBEER

Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion    Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion  EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 10:48 am

With the new map having many changes it doesn't seem fair that we use it for the tournament unless everyone loves it.

So I have come up with 3 options

Option 1. Use the currently released map without stacks/runes/2 hit. I will revert those 3 changes and the other things I changed in order to balance them such as wolf spawn/gold generation/wolf attack speed etc., but keep the rest of the changes.

Option 2. Use 7.1.0 just go classic mode and use the map that has been played for a couple years now.

Option 3. Use the current version of the Map

These are the only options I'm willing to use. I will be taking the majority vote if its a significant difference. If its a minor difference I will listen to the opinions and arguments in this thread only.
Back to top Go down
Nmcdo

Nmcdo

PostSubject: lol?   Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion  EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 1:14 am

well I voted for option 1......
Idk why people would want to play it not balanced?
I just think that would be better.
meh....
wait a sec thats not at all what I thought it was xD.
is there a way to change my vote.
Just realized what I REALLY voted for.........
Back to top Go down
Nmcdo

Nmcdo

PostSubject: xD   Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion  EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 1:16 am

Gosh darn it..
I would have picked option 3.................
one of my worst moments lol.
Back to top Go down
Night

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion    Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion  EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 3:10 am

I completely disagree playing on newest map. THE tournament should be played on 7.1.0 -> a map which is balanced and perfect for competetive sheep tag.
Back to top Go down
SKiLL_OwnZ-

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion    Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion  EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 9:50 am

Option 3, good hotkeys cheers
Back to top Go down
XXXandBEER

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion    Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion  EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 9:53 am

@NMCDO Lol I'll take that into consideration when looking at votes

So far its

So far it looks like option 3 is dominating. But i mostly wanna go with the captains choices.
Night says Options 2
Cmk says Option 3 (But doesn't really care)
Drew I'm not sure
Traxx I'm not sure
Back to top Go down
TraxxWOLF

TraxxWOLF

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion    Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion  EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 5:47 am

option 3.
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion    Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion  EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 11:34 am

how is the new map "imbalanced" night? you do realize that both teams play wolf and sheep? people throw this word out in discussions constantly.. gosusheep tried to argue that soccer would be "imbalanced" if you could use additional tools when you're playing from one side of the field(argument against stacks). just another logical fallacy. you might as well send a letter to george bush arguing that baseball is imbalanced Very Happy

the only problem with the new map(assuming there aren't any bugs) is that there might be people who aren't familiar with the newest changes. so it would make sense to go with a map everyone is familiar with. the new map has been out for weeks tho, so danno if this really is a problem??
Back to top Go down
Chakra

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion    Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion  EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:08 pm

It isn't imbalanced for the teams. It's imbalanced between sheep and shepherds.

I guess "balanced" is sheep, if facing people equally skilled, reaching 20 minutes 10% of the time or some arbitrary declaration thereof.

If sheep average 30 seconds, it's imbalanced and boring. Further, it is unlikely going to be a good championship map because the difference is likely to be very small between good and bad teams.
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion    Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion  EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 2:14 pm

its adorable that you blindly hold on to drewism (fun is the goal and there shouldn't be objective criteria/goals), then you apply every argument in the book for the opposing side in practical situations (''we should break down fun into objective components'' ''the difference between good and bad teams should increase" "we have to set an objective measurement of balance" etc.)

but no, imbalance is a meaningless term by default, highlighted by my example of baseball.

if you want to set an objective standard for how often the sheep should win (or what the average survival time should be), you first have to shoot yourself in the face for clinging on to drewism, then you have to set an objective goal and work towards it. without an objective goal, you've successfully created ANOTHER logical fallacy in assuming that your subjective idea of how much the sheep should win has to be followed in order for the game to be ''balanced''.

the new map is NOT imbalanced.
Back to top Go down
Chakra

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion    Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion  EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 3:56 pm

You're retarded with the imbalanced argument. Doubt anyone else needs explanation on why.

The rest of what you said is useless. Suggesting an alternative map for a championship--which has no kindling in having to be fun or follow the same standards at which a design should be brought fourth--because it better highlights its purpose, skill difference, is an obvious move.
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion    Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion  EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 4:52 pm

this is the problem when morons like chakra have influence - much less full controll - over the map. they don't understand anything even if you break it down with babysteps. this is a decent indicator that majority vote (over anything) isn't going to work in our favour, when a mentally insane dwarf like chakra is considered on the higher end of the intelligence hierarchy.

anyway, make a new thread if you want to discuss what the ideal win-rate for sheep is. there is no basis for calling beers new map ''imbalanced'' by ANY objective standard. and it appears that the majority prefers the new map based on the vote, so i guess we have a winner.

time to PLAY BALL! Basketball
Back to top Go down
Chakra

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion    Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion  EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 5:50 pm

Blah blah Amir lacks argument.

I wasn't arguing that the map is imbalanced, just that it is possible, just as assuredly an art work, scale, or scale can be.

Amir the idiot would say a DotA hero is balanced even if it started with 500000k HP because "both teams can play him!!!!"
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion    Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion  EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 6:18 pm

yes, i would call it balanced if dota was played in two rounds, both teams had to play the 50000 HP hero once each, and the winner was based on some kind of sum across both games. what MORON would call this imbalanced.

what you're trying to argue is that the map isn't fun (trying to use "imbalance" as objective criteria). but, as i've proven already, noone cares what you or night thinks is fun chakra. based on shoops system for making decisions, we see that both the mapmaker AND the majority wants the new map Very Happy you and night are ENEMIES of sheeptag based on your/shoops system, as you're trying to oppose the correct decision Very Happy the right decision being defined by what the majority/beer wants.

you wouldn't accept logic even if it knocked on your frontdoor with a fruit-basket in its hands and a 50$ giftcard for the local tech store. take a breather, and think about what you're trying to argue before you reply to me the next time.

edit: the map can't even theoretically be imbalanced without objective goals for what we want to achieve. but keep digging your grave son.
Back to top Go down
Chakra

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion    Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion  EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 7:26 pm

Did your brain melt our your nose or something?

In the DotA example, the teams would be balanced, but what about the players? And if one part isn't balanced, the entire thing isn't balance; the game isn't balanced.

Quote :
what you're trying to argue is that the map isn't fun (trying to use "imbalance" as objective criteria). but, as i've proven already, noone cares what you or night thinks is fun chakra. based on shoops system for making decisions, we see that both the mapmaker AND the majority wants the new map you and night are ENEMIES of sheeptag based on your/shoops system, as you're trying to oppose the correct decision the right decision being defined by what the majority/beer wants.
Nice irrelevent strawman argument. All I'm arguing is that a map can be imalanced, not that it is or if that is a meaningful thing. I didn't even vote in the poll. https://i.imgur.com/ZcO03.png

Quote :
edit: the map can't even theoretically be imbalanced without objective goals for what we want to achieve
What's the objective goal of this? Most people would say that's a balanced work.

What about the objective goal of this? Most people would say this isn't balanced.
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion    Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion  EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 10:33 pm

i wrote a reply but decided to delete it all in fear of chakra replying. a debate with someone like chakra never ends because he's simply too stupid to understand whats being said.

so lets conclude this debate:

1) sheeptag can't be imbalanced without an objective standard.
2) all players being equally influential IS an objective goal.
4) no valid arguments have been made against 1) and 2).
5) chakra passionately fights against objective standards.
6) majority wants the new map, beer wants the new map, chakra/shoop sais decisions are to be made through majority vote/beers opinion.
7) the tourney should be on the new map and there hasn't been provided any valid reason to do anything else.

over and out.
Back to top Go down
TraxxWOLF

TraxxWOLF

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion    Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion  EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 5:24 am

Wtf, isnt it obvious to play a tournament on the latest map that is the only one played by the entire STC?

Shoop and Chakra doesn't even play ST (neither do Amir though) and they should not have anything to say in this discussion.

Let the people who actually play decide what map is better, more fun and to be played in the tournament.

Option three will be the map we play.
Back to top Go down
TrollPro

TrollPro

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion    Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion  EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 6:12 am

TraxxWOLF wrote:
Wtf, isnt it obvious to play a tournament on the latest map that is the only one played by the entire STC?

Shoop and Chakra doesn't even play ST (neither do Amir though) and they should not have anything to say in this discussion.

Let the people who actually play decide what map is better, more fun and to be played in the tournament.

Option three will be the map we play.
I agree with u there bra!, Traxx and Trollpro are:

Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion  Gandalf1
Back to top Go down
Chakra

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion    Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion  EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 7:14 am

Amir lose again.

4:0.
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion    Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion  EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 1:55 pm

I havent voted dont worry Traxx, but yeah everyone know what map I prefer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion    Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion  Empty

Back to top Go down

Sheep Tag Winter Tournament Map Discussion
Page 1 of 1