The STC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The STC Forum

www.sheeptagforum.tk or https://sheeptag.forumotion.net/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NEW SHEEP TAG INGAME RANKING.

Go down 
+2
Map
Nmcdo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nmcdo

Nmcdo

NEW SHEEP TAG INGAME RANKING. Empty
PostSubject: NEW SHEEP TAG INGAME RANKING.   NEW SHEEP TAG INGAME RANKING. EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 2:03 am

Yooo, I had this idea where in a new version of revo, the game would give you a score every time you played
and even after you quit from the game the next time you still had the score to build on.
I would be kind of like APR. Which I thought was cool. It would also I believe allow for
more competition trying to be the one with the highest score.
And the score would be determined on how good you did on the rounds. -Wolf and sheep.
Idk just some SICK idea I had.
Back to top Go down
Map

Map

PostSubject: Re: NEW SHEEP TAG INGAME RANKING.   NEW SHEEP TAG INGAME RANKING. EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 4:09 am

Idea - ok.

Quote :
and even after you quit from the game the next time you still had the score to build on.

Those who play more games will get a higher score?
Back to top Go down
Chakra

PostSubject: Re: NEW SHEEP TAG INGAME RANKING.   NEW SHEEP TAG INGAME RANKING. EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 8:01 am

Since everyone is going to laugh about the idea of the map declaring how good you did, why not instead do the logical idea of elo rankings?
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

PostSubject: Re: NEW SHEEP TAG INGAME RANKING.   NEW SHEEP TAG INGAME RANKING. EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 9:18 am

Quote :
Those who play more games will get a higher score?

ho-ly-fuck

yee ideas like these have been discussed before. the reason ppl were against elaborate scoreboards/"ranking" algorithms before => the assumption that it would lead people to play a certain way in order to get big scores. for instance, if number of farms is some sort of multipler for skill, people would cornermass to get a high score, and so on.

but some sort of simple rankings would probably be nice to see in sheeptag. keeping track of winrate over long periods of time etc.

im not sure how ELO works, but if it works how i think it works = it could be nice trying that too.

Back to top Go down
Chakra

PostSubject: Re: NEW SHEEP TAG INGAME RANKING.   NEW SHEEP TAG INGAME RANKING. EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 9:37 am

ELO = you start at an "average" (actually, I believe you are a bit less than average), say 1200. If you beat someone with a similar ELO, you gain a points. If you beat someone with a lot larger ELO, you gain a lot of points. If you beat someone with a lot smaller ELO, you gain very few points.

The higher the ELO you have, the less points you gain per win and the more points you lose per a loss. Conversely, if you have a small ELO, you gain points easily and only slowly can lose points.

I imagine for calculating team games you simply average your opponents ELO or something similar (median, mean, w/e).

Additionally, you can make ELO degrade slowly over time, but it's not necessarily required, and it'd be a very small decay towards the starting value.
Back to top Go down
XXXandBEER

PostSubject: Re: NEW SHEEP TAG INGAME RANKING.   NEW SHEEP TAG INGAME RANKING. EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 5:15 pm

Being would just play by themselves or against bots and elo boost system is flawed.
Back to top Go down
Chakra

PostSubject: Re: NEW SHEEP TAG INGAME RANKING.   NEW SHEEP TAG INGAME RANKING. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 7:22 am

Want to make a somewhat grammatically valid sentence so I can understand what you just said?

"Elo boost system." IDK what that is, I said ELO system.
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: NEW SHEEP TAG INGAME RANKING.   NEW SHEEP TAG INGAME RANKING. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 7:41 am

ELO-system based bot would be nice I think. So that you can play "ranked games" but also random games if you want.

Sometimes you wanna play non-ranked games too.
Back to top Go down
XXXandBEER

PostSubject: Re: NEW SHEEP TAG INGAME RANKING.   NEW SHEEP TAG INGAME RANKING. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 10:59 am

Rofl wow my sentence does look pretty handicapped. That was meant to read "People will just play by themselves and boost their ELO"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW SHEEP TAG INGAME RANKING.   NEW SHEEP TAG INGAME RANKING. Empty

Back to top Go down

NEW SHEEP TAG INGAME RANKING.
Page 1 of 1