The STC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The STC Forum

www.sheeptagforum.tk or https://sheeptag.forumotion.net/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who Killed Sheep Tag?

Go down 
+11
Night
Mr.NiceGuy
TrollPro
CHIEFHERO[SKS]
Celestial_One
Shoop
TraxxWOLF
I_think_I_own
Chakra
XXXandBEER
Effloresce
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
XXXandBEER

Who Killed Sheep Tag?  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Killed Sheep Tag?    Who Killed Sheep Tag?  - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 4:26 pm

XXXandBEER wrote:
You want to know what killed sheep tag every single person in the community.

I mean take a look at this thread. Seriously take a look.

Sheep Tag is considered dead at this point and yet your all still flaming and fighting over a dead game what is wrong with you people.

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER and look what you have done. It is not one single persons fault it fell apart its everyone who ever played a sheep tag game and just watched as the community fought and argued till there was nothing left but threads of disrespect and name calling.

If you guys spent have as much time actually playing Sheep Tag as you do arguing over absolutely nothing for the purpose of inflating your ego then sheep tag would still be fun.

It truly is saddening to see a wonderful fun game and a truly remarkable community with such talented and intelligent people let there ego's take over and turn it into a flame fest and argue over why its falling apart instead of actually just playing the game and doing what sheep tag was meant to do and that was provide enjoyment.

Right now I want you to try to remember the first pro sheep tagger you ever saw, before you knew how to play at all. Some random pub game and now remember how much you wanted to be able to do what that guy did. Because when I think of sheep tag I want to remember the moments of laughter and fun with people I have learned to love over these past 7 years. I don't want to look back and just remember the falling out of sheep tag and the hatred everyone had for each other.

Sheep tag was a great game and had a great run. So can we keep it that way let's not taint its legacy with slander and more slander. Most of you I would like to keep in touch with and see where you end up in life. So can we keep these forums as a means for communication between old friends? Or are we still children that don't know how to let go of anything. Sheep Tag is gone let it go.

Maybe one day 20 years from now we could all schedule a weekend to get back on how much fun would that be Very Happy, not very much fun if we keep all this fighting up. So let it go.

The Entire Sheep Tag Community killed Sheep Tag

R.I.P Sheep Tag

Let's make way for tomorrow because honestly

What about everything?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClW15gRkuoE

If I see another post in this thread then it better be about my post because if not clearly you didn't read my post or your just that ignorant of a person.

DID NONE OF YOU READ THIS POST MAKES ME SAD Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Killed Sheep Tag?    Who Killed Sheep Tag?  - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 4:36 pm

I read it beer:D

But let's be serious for once. OMG.... This thread was answered with beer quote on the first page

Stan: It's MY fault. I killed the Sheep Tag
[long pause]
Cartman: Aw, man...
Sharon Marsh: ...Stanley...you?
Man: No. Don't you see what this child is saying? We can't spend all our energy placing blame when something bad happens. He's saying...we all killed the Sheep Tag
Stan: No. I killed the Sheep Tag.
Woman: I killed the Sheep Tag.
Man: I killed the Sheep Tag.
Stan: No. I killed the Sheep Tag.
Woman: And I killed the Sheep Tag.
Cartman: Hehe...I killed the Sheep Tag!
Woman: I killed the Sheep Tag.
Stan: [trying to insist] I killed the Sheep Tag. I ran a wolf into the sheep tag and I killed it.
Stan: No! I killed the fucking sheep tag!
Stan: I killed the Sheep Tag
Stan: On a wolf! That wasn't mine!
Stan: I kept it secret for two days!
Stan: The wolf caught on fire and it exploded!
Stan: Aw, fuck it!

It isn't the fault of chakra, sidey, gosu, itio, and so on...

It's only because warcraft 3 is an old game...

Cele: It's so miserably obvious to anyone with any sort of analytic thinking power that the ultimate downfall of sheep tag, just like EVERY FUCKING VIDEO GAME THAT EVER EXISTED, was TIME.

Stop fucking arguing over a dead game PLZ.
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

PostSubject: Re: Who Killed Sheep Tag?    Who Killed Sheep Tag?  - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 5:07 pm

008 stfu, read my posts you baby-pigglet, ''TIME'' has been taken care of already.

when im talking about the death of ST, im talking about the several year old process which accelerated the downfall of st, and kept our community from prospering. ''time'' has nothing to do with why st never got popular, and "time" has nothing to do with why we haven't been able to recruit new people since 2005(after they removed the stack and did mass other crazy shit to the map).

obviously time will kill any game. whats more interesting (and i repeat) is why ST never became as big as it could become. limiting the growth of the community (especially when they limited it to such a great extent) is related to why ST is dead as SHIT now, while other games such as dota are still being played by many, despite LoL/HoN/Dota2 being out.

ST had so much potential, but got killed by the general lack of brain-power in this community. its understandable that some people thought that removing the stacks was a good idea 5-6 years ago, but its insane that people still hold that opinion after seeing the blatant results. if you're against stacks or invis today, the only appropriate action - the ONLY APPROPRIATE ACTION - is to seek medical treatment.
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Who Killed Sheep Tag?    Who Killed Sheep Tag?  - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 5:48 pm

If you think we can draw conclusion based on overall activity if removing stack was a good or a bad idea you should get medical treatment. Wow...
Back to top Go down
Celestial_One

PostSubject: Re: Who Killed Sheep Tag?    Who Killed Sheep Tag?  - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 9:25 pm

Nah ignore Amir's psycho babble bullshit. Time was the EXACT reason why sheep tag died. Not some irrelevant map change chakra or gosu did 4 years ago rofl.

Sheep tag was most popular when wc3 was most active (first 3 years after its release). There is an obvious correlation between sheep tag activity and the downfall of wc3 activity. I don't even need graphs to prove it. I don't even need anyone to agree with me on this or vouch me. Why?

Because it's
SIMPLE.
FUCKING.
LOGIC.

Edit: Don't even compare Dota to sheep tag. Dota is an incredibly well made game that plays well in public as well as high level private games. Sheep tag bores 95% of pubs to tears. If you think sheep tag could be as big as dota is nowadays you are as delusional as magoo.
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

PostSubject: Re: Who Killed Sheep Tag?    Who Killed Sheep Tag?  - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 3:59 am

blabla. cele, you think MID-TERMS and FINALS are the reason noone plays ST now. maybe you should read posts and try to reply to them instead of repeating your initial baby-level analysis. if its "simple fucking logic", then explain why we play dota instead of st if we dont play st because of finals. fucking embarresing analytical ability and arguments you bring. you might also want to address the "time" stuff if you have the cahones Very Happy

shoop, you think the community held out this long because of the MAP-FEATURES.

it might have been a coincidence that we lost all recruiting power after you removed the stack. it might have been a coincidence that st went from growing to declining right after we removed the stack yEARS ago. it might(MIGHT ^^) have been a coincidence that st went from fullhouses every day recently to a complete absent of games after you successfully started the "no invis" movement. maybe an invisible rhinoceros is to blame, im not completely sure.

most normal people would conclude that since the map-quality is directly related to game-activity, that the map-changes you make = strongly effect the path the community/game-activity take. we like to call it cause-and-effect, which seems to be a concept you dont believe in? but in any case, to not only maintain that we can draw NO conclusion from analyzing map-changes and the activity that followed, but to also believe that these map-changes were POSITIVE after seeing the results? you must be trolling? almost as embarrassing as celes statement that we dont play st because of finals.
Back to top Go down
Mr.NiceGuy

PostSubject: Re: Who Killed Sheep Tag?    Who Killed Sheep Tag?  - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 5:05 am

Beer, 008, Cele how does Chakras ass taste like?? Why dont you all go play ring around the rosie around a bonfire you geeks....

Chakra is so blind and dimwitted that he doesn't realize why its his fault. Were not blaming you for working on the map or calling you lazy... Were blaming you because you only listened to drew and shoop when it came to map changes. WHY is this so hard for you to understand? You say kids only think of ideas and don't do shit but mass asked for the map several times and you refused. And when you finally quit guess what happened? You gave them map to drew only rofl... This map is so boring with no options and whos fault is it? Yours... This map had so much potential but was ruined because you listened to 2 people out of the entire community.
Back to top Go down
I_think_I_own

PostSubject: Re: Who Killed Sheep Tag?    Who Killed Sheep Tag?  - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 7:58 am

yes time is a factor in the downfall of sheep tag, but the MAIN factor is the mapmaker. i can't stress this more than i am right now. Chakra is a TERRIBLE map maker, he is like 1/1000000 of icefrog. I wouldn't doubt that someone like beeeeh- would be able to produce a more quality map than this rehab can. We should all point fingers, laugh, ridicule and show hatred to chakra because instead of making more positive changes to the map, he brought us negative/cancer to the community.

Also, if i was chakra, id be mad as fuck knowing i wasted hours on the map and yet getting only negative feedback. Cheers to the worst mapmaker of all time. OF ALL TIME (kanye west)
Back to top Go down
Effloresce

Effloresce

PostSubject: Re: Who Killed Sheep Tag?    Who Killed Sheep Tag?  - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 8:28 am

In summary:

Chakra and Gosusheep killed sheep tag because they did an ABYSMAL job with the map.

Drew and Shoop killed sheep tag because they had HORRENDOUS map-destroying ideas.

Beer, Celestial, and Traxxwolf killed sheep tag because they are so INCREDIBLY stupid that they buy the stuff Drew/Shoop comes up with.
Back to top Go down
Chakra

PostSubject: Re: Who Killed Sheep Tag?    Who Killed Sheep Tag?  - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 10:49 am

Quote :
it might have been a coincidence that we lost all recruiting power after you removed the stack.
West lost all "recruiting power" in 2004--years before the stack was removed.
Now you can either argue that the ruin of west was completely different from that of the rest of the world, or that they were related. You might say it was the "boring" players, but you'd be silly. Ask anyone who played west in 2003/2004, such as Drew, Gosu, Rival, or myself, and they'll tell you that west was even more hostile than Europe has ever been.

No, the reason for west's downfall, and the rest of the world's downfall, was because the game is inherently boring and one-dimensional. Its development even further pushed its one-dimensional characteristic. West failed before the rest of the world because we played it a lot more and longer. We got bored of it first. The rest of the world only took a year or two longer for them to get bored of it.

And now everyone else who remains on WC3 has already seen or played ST and didn't pick it up. General Warcraft activity itself might not have decreased much before 2008ish, but new player activity had significantly decreased by then.
Back to top Go down
Celestial_One

PostSubject: Re: Who Killed Sheep Tag?    Who Killed Sheep Tag?  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 3:42 am

How many euros does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

5!

1 for shoop to try screwing it in and 4 (amir, sidey, beeh, niceguy) to bitch at him telling him to do it a different way.
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Who Killed Sheep Tag?    Who Killed Sheep Tag?  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 4:34 am

Amir, if we hadnt improved the map for so long sheeptag would have died ages ago. Yeah.

And also, I dont agree at all that we "lost all recruiting power" when we removed stack. Wtf do you base this claim on?

And WTF is this bullshit that Chakra listens to me?! When the FUCK have I gotten what I want with the map? We removed the stackfarm because me and drew convinced people that it was worth a TRY. A testmap. When we tried out the testmap almost everyone agreed it was better than with stack. It was a majority decision.
Back to top Go down
lpvb

PostSubject: Re: Who Killed Sheep Tag?    Who Killed Sheep Tag?  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 6:37 pm

The real reason is because the GUI for custom games in WC3 sucks ass; you are limited to choosing 20 games, no search filter, you can't see how many people are in a game causing many leavers, etc. Why bother having a world editor if Blizzard is going to fudge up the most crucial part to custom games: advertising. Now the list is being abused, causing clans with many bots (BGN) to spam the list pushing the probability of sheep tag showing up off the list. Before BGN found out about the mapgametype exploit, I had 6-9 games of Sheep Tag running at the same time with full house because Sheep Tag was at the the top of the list 100% of the time.
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Who Killed Sheep Tag?    Who Killed Sheep Tag?  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 8:34 pm

Good point, we have INSANLEY bad advertisement compared to RISK, Legion TD, DotA etc. If we competed on even terms ST would definently be more popular.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who Killed Sheep Tag?    Who Killed Sheep Tag?  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who Killed Sheep Tag?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3