The STC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The STC Forum

www.sheeptagforum.tk or https://sheeptag.forumotion.net/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Invis as it is

Go down 
+3
TraxxWOLF
Madhatters
e8lakes
7 posters
AuthorMessage
e8lakes

e8lakes

Invis as it is Empty
PostSubject: Invis as it is   Invis as it is EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 11:32 am

Hey, this is about what's happening with invis on Chakras map.

I support madhatters map, but it's most likely not ready to become the new map for inhouses yet.
I haven't heard anyone saying he wants to keep invis the way it is at the moment recently. And we had place to discuss on that. Can we please play with a rule such as "no invis" or atleast "only 1 invis at a time" like we do it with "no save"? Atleast until Chakra takes pity on us and has an idea on how to make invis less lame or removes it.

Yabbie or Nöö? Please everyone leave a little response.
Back to top Go down
Madhatters

Madhatters

Invis as it is Empty
PostSubject: Re: Invis as it is   Invis as it is EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 12:12 pm

As far as I know the only problem with my map was the desyncs due to anti-maphack(and perhaps the fact that it has anti-maphack?), which are now fixed... meaning my map should be better for inhouses in just about every way.
Back to top Go down
e8lakes

e8lakes

Invis as it is Empty
PostSubject: Re: Invis as it is   Invis as it is EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 12:31 pm

I just heard of several people that it's not practicable to play on that map yet and when I once hosted it anway and wrote "-versus" there was a buggy board to pick from and whatnot.

I give it another shot if you say it's ready Surprised
Back to top Go down
TraxxWOLF

TraxxWOLF

Invis as it is Empty
PostSubject: Re: Invis as it is   Invis as it is EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 10:50 pm

1) If you heard twix/chaise/sidey/beeeh/polar say they won't play on the map it's cus they want invis.

2) Atm we have 1 host bot that's able to host on (elderwand just some csb turds got acces to), and on "behh" rune refuses to add the map. Please get this done asap.

3) I still experience more lags in ur map madhatters, atleast when we play fullhouses with many farms. When I play it feels jagged (hope you understand what I mean). Like squared turns etc.. I dno, might be cus of the small lags I experience. But I would host the map as it is right now every time I hosted if possible..
Back to top Go down
Night

Invis as it is Empty
PostSubject: Re: Invis as it is   Invis as it is EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 5:43 am

Madhatters map is INSANELY BORINGGGGGGGGGGGG. u need some MAJOR changes in that since playing sheep is just EXTRAORDINARY easy. Everyone can agree to that who played madhatters map.

Back to top Go down
e8lakes

e8lakes

Invis as it is Empty
PostSubject: Re: Invis as it is   Invis as it is EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 6:48 am

Rune said he's not gonna add the map to his bot as long as str beam is not OP anymore Smile
Back to top Go down
Madhatters

Madhatters

Invis as it is Empty
PostSubject: Re: Invis as it is   Invis as it is EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 6:52 am

Last time I played my map, then revo immediately after it, on the same bot, I got almost the exact same fps. There is literally not a single trigger in my map that would increase lag if there were more farms... any lag you are experiencing is just from there being a lot of units.

As to my map being boring... I can't help it if the community has bad ideas on what the map needs.

Strength beam is undoubtedly better than it was before.. the only time it is worse is if you are trying to kill all upgrade/strong farms, and even then, the increased speed and reduced cost probably make it pretty close.
Back to top Go down
Effloresce

Effloresce

Invis as it is Empty
PostSubject: Re: Invis as it is   Invis as it is EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 7:05 am

Quote :
As to my map being boring... I can't help it if the community has bad ideas on what the map needs.

Ofc you can - you can stop listening to Shoop just because he's nicer to you than others.

As long as you do what Shoop wants NO ONE is going to play your map other than for variation - like when you take a longer route to work because of the scenary!
Back to top Go down
Madhatters

Madhatters

Invis as it is Empty
PostSubject: Re: Invis as it is   Invis as it is EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 7:20 am

When have I listened to shoop? All of the community wanted invis removed
Back to top Go down
Runey

Invis as it is Empty
PostSubject: Re: Invis as it is   Invis as it is EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 7:43 am

OP means overpowered... it's almost impossible NOT to score a kill while using it.
Fix that and I might consider adding your map.
Back to top Go down
https://sheeptag.forumotion.net
Madhatters

Madhatters

Invis as it is Empty
PostSubject: Re: Invis as it is   Invis as it is EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 8:05 am

e8lakes wrote:
Rune said he's not gonna add the map to his bot as long as str beam is not OP anymore Smile

"not OP", but anyways I will consider increasing the time the beam takes to release.
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

Invis as it is Empty
PostSubject: Re: Invis as it is   Invis as it is EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 8:40 am

madhatters, there has been several explenation as to why people wanted the invis gone. everyone thinks that something has to be done with the current invis.

as i explained in the golem vs invis thread, the vast majority of the things people dislike about the invis = are directly applicable to the golem as well. but people love golems? so the theory is that invis lacks something which the golem doesn't. we could try to do something about that.

1) there is no way to avoid being sniped. this pisses people off. there are ways to avoid being golemed.
2) there is no hack which gives a massive advantage vs golems. maphack pisses people off.

there are good solutions to both of these (and other) problems. removing the invis should be the LAST resort and should be contingent upon invis NOT being able of being properly incorporated into the map.

shoop wants the invis gone without trying to make it work first, and the reason shoop wants the invis gone can very easily be explained without any conclusion that the invis is bad for ST.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Invis as it is Empty
PostSubject: Re: Invis as it is   Invis as it is Empty

Back to top Go down

Invis as it is
Page 1 of 1