The STC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The STC Forum

www.sheeptagforum.tk or https://sheeptag.forumotion.net/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Forum Organisation

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shoop

Shoop

Forum Organisation Empty
PostSubject: Forum Organisation   Forum Organisation EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 5:24 am

Forum Organisation :

Head Admin
Isnt alone to have a say in this but is basicly in charge of promoting and demoting admins and moderators. Does not moderate. Also reports abuse by mods.

Admin
Responsible for the forum design, that sections are not over or underactive. That its easy to use the forum. That everything work etc. Does not moderate. Also reports abuse by mods.

Moderators
The only people doing moderation. And thats their job. To moderate the forum according to a guideline we set up and develop together.
Back to top Go down
SrborjaRANK1

Forum Organisation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Organisation   Forum Organisation EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 11:04 pm

The trashcan doesnt work, I tryed to open a topic there earlier on, and doesnt work. Fix please
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

Forum Organisation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Organisation   Forum Organisation EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 2:58 pm

well yeah, as long as there is NO way to move posts to the trashcan, this whole system is useless.

the trashcan doesn't fulfill the intended purpose (you can move threads there, but not single posts).

i can delete posts from anyone, but there will be no copy of the post anywhere, so you can't determine if i abused or not if someone complained that their post got deleted.

i think we have to fix this problem, or prohibit mods from deleting posts, and just ban people who spam too much and contribute with nothing. its extremely easy to abuse and get away with it unless the trashcan is working properly.
Back to top Go down
Chakra

Forum Organisation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Organisation   Forum Organisation EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 3:20 pm

Or use a better forum provider...
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

Forum Organisation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Organisation   Forum Organisation EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 10:18 pm

what better forum provider exists? which is free.

we don't need the best, we just need one thats good enough. and this forum is more than good enough given that we solve the trashcan issue, which rune thinks is possible.
Back to top Go down
Chakra

Forum Organisation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Organisation   Forum Organisation EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 4:42 am

I'd imagine InvisionFree would be better. It's what Mav's forum used.

You can also use a SMF and find a free web provider (there are quite a few).
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

Forum Organisation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Organisation   Forum Organisation EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 5:10 am

If Rune finds a way to solve the trashcan problem I cant really see what we could need. Btw, maybe we should make this a separate thread since this discussion isnt really about the forum organisation and more about the Trashcan/Forum Provider?
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

Forum Organisation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Organisation   Forum Organisation EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 5:21 am

trashcan discussion is directly relevant to the organization of the forums.

if the trashcan doesn't fulfill its purpose => your system is useless.
if the trashcan works => your system is good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forum Organisation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Organisation   Forum Organisation Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum Organisation
Page 1 of 1