The STC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The STC Forum

www.sheeptagforum.tk or https://sheeptag.forumotion.net/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions

Go down 
+11
Chakra
Pab
EnStekPaNnaWOLF
Jean-Mii
TraxxWOLF
T_P_T
Night
Shoop
CHIEFHERO[SKS]
teamEUROPE
XXXandBEER
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
XXXandBEER

Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions Empty
PostSubject: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions   Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 3:01 pm

Since a lot of people will be home for winter break, let's get a little competition in the air with a friendly tournament!

SHEEP TAG WINTER TOURNAMENT 2012

Anyone can sign up
Subs are not allowed
You can only be on ONE team.

The tournament will be held in January exact date TBA (Suggest some dates for me was currently thinking 2nd-4th). Plan to play A LOT of fun competitive Sheep Tag these three days!
Specific round times and number of games will be given a week prior to the tournament.

Rules:
A specific tournament map will be played games will be 5v5 time 20.
Each team will get a sheep round and a wolf round. Team with the longer sheep round wins that game.
Sheep team will choose colors and host.
Players must show up no later then 30 minutes past game time before the game is either forfeited or played man down
Smurfing, account trading, savings the game, and game throwing will not be tolerated
Pausing the game is allowed with a warning before hand only 1 pause per team per round
Sheep Team can only -cancel 1 time per round

Ties:
If teams tie then that round is thrown out and another round is played.
If both teams last the full time then another round is played with an extra 5 minutes.

Disconnects:
Only 1 remake is allowed per team per game
Remake is only allowed if a player disconnects under 1 minute of round time
If there is already a sheep killed remakes are not allowed for the sheep team
The disconnecting player has 20 minutes to sign back into bnet before the other team has to play

Report misbehavior directly to me (XXXandBEER456) replay necessary.
Any findings and or reports of these rules being broken can result in your team receiving time penalties, forfeiting the game, or possibly kicked out of the tournament

And finally the Prizes:
The WINNING team will get
-Colored sheep of their choice
-Account names as wolf names
-Added to Sheep Tag Hall of Fame
-A RoC CD Key for each member of the team (courtesy of me)

I'll do my best to stream and even shout-cast as much of the tournament as possible on my channel here

Last edited by XXXandBEER on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:50 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
teamEUROPE

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions   Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 8:45 pm

Awesome. Could you Tuesday - Sunday? Would be better for some people.
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions   Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 10:05 pm

great stuff ^^ make sure the stream works!! that would be really nice. commentary etc.

how about this for a tourney idea: only 12 kids allowed. everyone has to captain once and you randomize who plays vs who. example:

traxx cmk polar trollpro chaise simba geek1 geek2 geek3 geek4 geek5 geek6.

first round: cmk vs polar
second round: simba vs geek3
third round: trollpro vs chaise

this could be better than the team-of-5 stuff. i actually think you're in for a BIG disaster if you try to organize a team-of-5 tourney ^^
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions   Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 10:13 pm

Yeah team of 5 will probably be too hard. How about an anom ST? I can help you organize that if you want?
Back to top Go down
Night

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions   Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 10:59 pm

yeah well this tournament will be hard to organise due to shortage of players. It will be 4 teams at best. But if you think you're down for this, il fix some team up.

How will u track who won anon st? USUALLY there is one winner, not a group of players.

On the other hand, i think a skillfull 6v6 would be better and easier to organise. There aren't enough active players to make a tournament.

Either way, inform everyone if u make some changes.
Back to top Go down
T_P_T

T_P_T

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions   Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 11:56 pm

Yeh thats cool idea Smile Sad i fucking cant play ^^
Back to top Go down
TraxxWOLF

TraxxWOLF

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions   Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 2:10 am

I love the idea of having a tournament organized again but because of shortage of player it might be hard (like the rest have already said).

My ideas are instead:

*Make a tournament and play it at only one night. There will be easier to get inactive players to "sacrifice" one night to play real sheeptag. Semifinals at 22.00 and finals at 00.00? (Won't be more than 4 teams anyway). Or a groupstage with 4 teams where every team play each other ones and we count 3 points for victory, 1 for draw or what-ever counting system is good for ST.

or

*We fix TWO teams only. I recommend Euro vs East but I won't be surprised if east doesn't want that. Another idea is to make it region-based like northern europe form one team, central europe forms one, east america one, and maybe a "rest-team".

The region-idea would make teams with like swedes, DK and germans in one team (of active players it be something like Traxx Trollpro Spyffe Martin, Shoop maybe)
One team with Night, CMK, JM, Pab +1 etc etc etc and we could get some nice matches.
Back to top Go down
Jean-Mii

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions   Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 2:23 am

I like the idea, but 8th-10th january is school period already lol. We start (france) 7th january. So 1 week before would be better.
(Ppl might say "cool no frenchies in tour" but we are like 5 frenchs in top level, dont forget this)
Back to top Go down
XXXandBEER

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions   Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 4:40 am

I'm sticking with the 5v5 no subs format for right now. I'm hoping we can get a bunch of people and many underdog teams. Also with no subs I think we can get 8 teams of 5 once a bunch of people become active again for winter break. The tournament will happen even with a minimum of 4 teams.

Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions   Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 4:52 am

people aren't going to show up/sign up once 1 team is stacked with all the best players. this happened twice already (stwc 2011 and sideygriddtourney). the team-of-5 format works only if the community is big enough to spread good players to some degree.

i think a "gauntlett" format would be really interesting if you're dead set on teams-of-5. assign leadership to 4 good players (traxx, cmk, chaise, drew or whatever) and they have to make their own teams.

btw, its a 2013 tourney! and push the date back as much as you can(mid-january is ideal!). i think i wanna be part of this shit if the format and date are good.
Back to top Go down
XXXandBEER

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions   Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 5:00 am

CHIEFHERO[SKS] wrote:
btw, its a 2013 tourney!

Haha nice catch.

Teams may get stacked, but I think there is enough high skilled players that multiple teams that are considered stacked can be formed.
Back to top Go down
teamEUROPE

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions   Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 5:03 am

CHIEFHERO[SKS] wrote:

i think a "gauntlett" format would be really interesting if you're dead set on teams-of-5. assign leadership to 4 good players (traxx, cmk, chaise, drew or whatever) and they have to make their own teams.

INDEED, everyone just sign up and people can choose who they want.
Back to top Go down
EnStekPaNnaWOLF

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions   Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 5:55 am

I'm in, i'll play for the first team that asks me! Smile
Back to top Go down
TraxxWOLF

TraxxWOLF

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions   Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 7:31 am

I will play the tourny. TraxxWOLF@euro if you didn't know me beer.
Back to top Go down
Night

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions   Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 7:33 am

AIGHT i'll sign the first team up

TEAM Euro united:

Captain Nightmare[behh]
Traxxwolf
Candymankiller
Skill_ownz-
Faceofmelinda

Sign it up, but i warn u that the players might change in the future, it depends on the situation. Right now This is it.
Back to top Go down
Pab

Pab

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions   Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 8:05 am

Lol u guys are nerds
We will all die soon, why organiz a tournament???

http://www.2012fin.com/commentaire.php?id=3875
Back to top Go down
teamEUROPE

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions   Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 8:26 am

Why should anyone sign up with teams like this?
So boring, who wants to play against such a team like this?

Hf Gl.
Back to top Go down
Night

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions   Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 9:56 am

I informed beer before that i will make a very STACKED team, which might lead to other players not wanting to participate anymore. His response was to make a team and wait for others to sign.

On the other hand, My team is ready to participate.

Back to top Go down
XXXandBEER

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions   Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 10:05 am

There is nothing wrong with a team like this. A team should want to be the best they can and other teams should work their way up into the mix and show they can play on the same level. If the best team is the team with the best players then they deserve to win. If you like sheep tag you may as well sign up a team because all you can do is win something and it cost nothing to enter. Who cares if you get stomped least you tried and your not going to play the "stacked" team every game.
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions   Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 10:22 am

beer, there is often a lesson to be learnt from historical events. when it comes to mapmaking; certain people are notorious for bad ideas. when it comes to tourneys; free-for-all-5-man-teams dont work in a community with 4 good players and a total of 14 active players. it has been done before, and it went to the TOILET. people are NOT going to sign up under these circumstances. nightmare wouldn't participate if he was excluded from the stacked teams and had to play with trollpro, mango15 and simba.

im going to save your tourney. split cmk, traxx, drew and night (or whoever wants to be captains) and make them form their teams. better yet, make cmk/traxx shoop/drew night/chaise enstek/pab. 2 good players guaranteed in each team, and let the trollpros get spread around however they want. this is the best alternative for a whole variety of reasons, the primary being that it will make people want to sign up and participate.

btw, great job @ trying to make a tourney, respectss. great idea, poorly thought through. i hope it works out no matter what you decide to do tho.
Back to top Go down
Jean-Mii

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions   Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 11:03 am

Agree with Chiefhero[sks]
Back to top Go down
XXXandBEER

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions   Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 12:11 pm

Well amir its a tournament not a versus match. It's not meant to be fair its meant to find the best TEAM. A tournament is not for splitting players who like to play with each other for the intent of giving bad players a shot at winning. It doesn't matter the community size your saying a team of you/drew/chaise couldn't take on sidey/martin/night?
Back to top Go down
Chakra

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions   Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 12:16 pm

Do you not remember why the last attempt at organizing a STWC failed completely?
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions   Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 1:12 pm

beer i dont think you understand. noone is questioning what you posted. ive already explained why you're up for a disaster. based on the posts in this thread so far, it seems like im right. people are signing OUT. if you're lucky, you're gonna get 2 stacked teams and a 5v5 party. better than nothing, but far from ideal.

my suggestion is based on 2 goals
1) getting as many players engaged as possible
2) creating as much post-tourney activity as possible

obviously free-for-all is preferred in an active/successful community. i genuinly hope this tourney turns out good no matter what you decide to do. and great job with the incentive. but i'll be out on the stacked format.
Back to top Go down
XXXandBEER

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions   Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 1:35 pm

If we don't get 4 teams or more then maybe we can do something as you suggested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions   Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions Empty

Back to top Go down

Sheep Tag Winter Tournament 2013 Discussions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next