The STC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The STC Forum

www.sheeptagforum.tk or https://sheeptag.forumotion.net/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shoop admin abuse

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Effloresce

Effloresce

Shoop admin abuse Empty
PostSubject: Shoop admin abuse   Shoop admin abuse EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 11:11 am

Quote :
Head Admin
Isnt alone to have a say in this but is basicly in charge of promoting and demoting admins and moderators. Does not moderate. Also reports abuse by mods.

Admin
Responsible for the forum design, that sections are not over or underactive. That its easy to use the forum. That everything work etc. Does not moderate. Also reports abuse by mods.

Moderators
The only people doing moderation. And thats their job. To moderate the forum according to a guideline we set up and develop together.

This is Shoop's exact words.

Shoop has thus already abused and demonstrated AGAIN how corrupt he is.

He has moved my threads and done his best to moderate sticky threads on top of that.

Shoop admin abuse Pppkl

This image shows the basic moderating functions of which Shoop clearly says in his rules that he is NOT TO TOUCH.

What Shoop has done so far isn't serious consequentially but it's a slippery slope and I think we need to keep a closer eye on Shoop.

Runemining can confirm that Shoop HAS moved my thread upon request.
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

Shoop admin abuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoop admin abuse   Shoop admin abuse EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 12:44 pm

Yeah, make a case about semantics as usual. I am sorry if I formulated myself poorly, I forgot we had a 5 year old in the mod staff, but try to read this again

Responsible for the forum design, that sections are not over or underactive. That its easy to use the forum. That everything work etc. Imo this clearly includes moving the right topic to the right section (between the 2), while moderators are responsible of what I thought everyone meant with moderating ie delete posts etc. But we get your point, we should reformulate it.

Meanwhile, can you stop posting in the wrong section and abusing your mod by moving your own topics into sections they dont belong and removing sticky from important threads?
Back to top Go down
Madhatters

Madhatters

Shoop admin abuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoop admin abuse   Shoop admin abuse EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 4:43 pm

Madhatters wrote:
Yes this can be the , official revo thread.

Team survival time, but I suppose it would be better to use individual... something for the next version.
After reading this, I thought to myself "Since shoop has already committed gross abuses as an administrator, I bet he has ruined a few of my posts as well", and sure enough, on the seventeenth post I viewed I found this. As you can clearly see, shoop has inserted an extra space between the two bolded words(i put a comma there to make it clear). This may not seem like much, but if we let this slide, we are setting a precedent. In the future it won't just be one space or moving topics to the correct forums, it will be banning users and deleting entire sections, just to satisfy his powerlust. Also, as sidey has said, "the post is no longer as I intended it to be, so I now have no motivation to continue making godlike topics".
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

Shoop admin abuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoop admin abuse   Shoop admin abuse EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 8:44 pm

there are problems no matter what angle you look at this from.

1) bad judgement. the trollpro thread belongs in community chat, not in general chat.

2) admins shouldn't touch any threads or posts, or else the whole system shoop designed falls apart. it doesn't matter if its about semantics, moving threads should have been a mod job from the get-go in order to achieve what the system is supposed to achieve.

shoop, i think its best if you let the mods take care of everything when it comes to threads and posts. you and rune should focus on taking care of the design or whatever, and make sure mods do their job. if you think me or sidey are doing a bad job cleaning the forums and putting posts/threads were they belong, make a thread and get us demoted and find someone else to take the job.

shoop has a bit flawed judgement when it comes to moderating. i've noticed this through history and i see it today. that being said, i don't mind if shoop's an admin and takes care of that part of the job. he does good website/admin related work.
Back to top Go down
Effloresce

Effloresce

Shoop admin abuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoop admin abuse   Shoop admin abuse EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 9:29 pm

Quote :
Responsible for the forum design, that sections are not over or underactive. That its easy to use the forum. That everything work etc.

This is so vague it could be taken to mean anything if you wanted it to - giving you unlimited power.

You specifically included a subset rule that says "no moderating."

Quote :
Meanwhile, can you stop posting in the wrong section and abusing your mod by moving your own topics into sections they dont belong and removing sticky from important threads?

There is precedent for my thread. Threads like "Exalius Maphacks" and "Most Important Sheep Taggers" have both been popular and discussed in the Community forum. They are specifically about people in the community - exactly like my thread.

Unneeded moderating pisses people off and should be avoided.
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

Shoop admin abuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoop admin abuse   Shoop admin abuse EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 2:53 am

Then you both missunderstood the Forum Organisation and the different forum sections.

As I wrote the admins are there to make sure the forumsections work properly, in that includes making sure the right topic is in the right forum. What I meant with actual moderating is moderating the topics themselves. What posts/topics to delete, edit and so on.

And no it doesnt belong in the Community Discussion. We have 2 sections and the goal is obviously to gather more important topics (like the one about maphack) in Community Discussion and the less serious ones (such as ST Hierarchy) in the other one. If we allow Sidey to continue this other people will stop using the General Discussion for their threads aswell and we will end up with one overfilled section.

Either way we probably need to rewrite the post that describes the different roles and the descriptions for the different forums.
Back to top Go down
Effloresce

Effloresce

Shoop admin abuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoop admin abuse   Shoop admin abuse EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 4:03 am

Stfu mongrel.

There is no misunderstanding here - you have explicitly implemented a rule where you are not allowed to moderate.

You have broken that rule - you have abused it.

The rules you made are CRYSTAL CLEAR. You stay the FUCK away from moderating and you only make new sections.

Moderating encompasses, by definition, the items you see in the picture in my first post.

You are making mongo irrelevant posts repeating yourself with no new content as usual.

The bottom line is

(1) You have abused your own rules by actively moderating threads

(2) You have moved my thread unjustly for no reason (other than me flaming you) given that my thread had precedent

Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

Shoop admin abuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoop admin abuse   Shoop admin abuse EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 5:43 am

shoop its np if u misunderstood ur own rules. everyone makes mistakes. but what do you think we should do? let you move threads? or should we let the moderators take care of it from now on, since that's how everyone else understood ur system, and it makes more sense?

but what do u mean about the different sections? one section is for community related stuff, other section is for everything else. why would a topic about trollpros position in our community be in the section for everything else?

from now on = moderators do ALL of the moderating, shoop replaces them if they abuse/do bad job. all community related stuff goes in community section, youtube videos and vegetarian debates goes in general chat. anyone have a problem with this system?
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

Shoop admin abuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoop admin abuse   Shoop admin abuse EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 7:18 am

We can say I missunderstand what I wrote if it makes you happy, I would rather say I formulated myself poorly and I understand why you didnt understand what I meant given that.

What I do think we should do is make it clearer, regardless who should do what. So sure I can stop moving threads aswell but then I want 2 things.

a) make the threads "forum organisation" and "forum changes" sticky so that they are easy to access, find and follow up.
and
b) we should add a rule that moderators shouldnt moderate threads they are very involved in, this doesnt mean if you post in it you cant moderate it but for instance this thread I think all of us (if I was a mod) would be unfit to moderate (regardless if it needs moderation.

So my suggestion is that we then remove the part of admin responsibility that the forumsections should work properly since if I cant moderate threads there is nothing I can do about that except give out guidelines.

Obviously this also means we need stronger guidelines for the moderators to follow about where different topics belong.
Back to top Go down
Effloresce

Effloresce

Shoop admin abuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoop admin abuse   Shoop admin abuse EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 7:34 am

Deal is:

1. Shoop is not allowed to moderate anything.

2. I will sticky a "Forum Information" thread if it has content and isn't empty and spread across several stickies like your previous stunt.

Signed,

SideY
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

Shoop admin abuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoop admin abuse   Shoop admin abuse EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 7:39 am

Sidey you are not dictator here. That might be the agreement we reach, but if it is it is because we reach it as a community not because you say it. Also the jobs wont be divided to individuals. It will be divided among different roles which will be the same regardless of who current has the role in question. I have no problem with admins not moving topics, as long as someone does it.

We can merge the topics into one, Forum Organisation and Forum Changelog. As long as they are easy to reach and read for everyone. I am not alone with not sharing your view on this forum as something that should be run in secret by a select few. This forum is something that should be open and developed by input from the entire community. Then it is crucial that everyone also know what is going on.
Back to top Go down
Exa

Shoop admin abuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoop admin abuse   Shoop admin abuse EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 9:31 am

Yeah Shoop, I hope you dont abuse again like this lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shoop admin abuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoop admin abuse   Shoop admin abuse Empty

Back to top Go down

Shoop admin abuse
Page 1 of 1