The STC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The STC Forum

www.sheeptagforum.tk or https://sheeptag.forumotion.net/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So what is it really that makes a sheeptagger good?

Go down 
+2
Fr[o]sT
Nmcdo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nmcdo

Nmcdo

So what is it really that makes a sheeptagger good? Empty
PostSubject: So what is it really that makes a sheeptagger good?   So what is it really that makes a sheeptagger good? EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 7:41 am

Well, in sheep tag their are many things that can make a certain player good / even legendary.
But what is the most important skill?  That is what I created this topic about.
I'm just going to say feel free to say what you believe is the most important skill.
For me though, I have come to a realization.  What is this skill you ask?  How well you can see, see potential every moment you are playing
this is as wolf or as sheep.  For example, as we all know, a single kill can turn a game around.  The other day I was watching one of beer's past recorded
streams.  At one point he had a golem and he failed to see that he could have POTENTIALY killed a sheep with it using sheep tag physics,
that sheep had most of the farms and if had been killed could have finished the rest quickly.  But that is only a little of what I mean, this idea goes for
almost everything. Seeing POTENTIAL iso's when there are none seeing a golem kill, a mirror block, sheep - A opening that could get you back to main mass, a jump to get you away from a wolf.  I hope people can REALLY understand what I mean by potential as the skill.  Now I hope maybe we can see what others think Wink.
Back to top Go down
Fr[o]sT

PostSubject: Re: So what is it really that makes a sheeptagger good?   So what is it really that makes a sheeptagger good? EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 1:23 pm

I believe timing is the most important thing about sheep tag. When to swing, build, golem, mirror, ect. Which direction to run to iso off a sheep in time. Timing is a serious factor in sheep tag to become legend. I think this is the most important factor to become good at st.
Back to top Go down
Jean-Mii

PostSubject: Re: So what is it really that makes a sheeptagger good?   So what is it really that makes a sheeptagger good? EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 4:55 am

Most important factor to me is being french. It allows you to be the best in game in all aspects,
watch baiten or me to believe those words ggg
Back to top Go down
BaiteN92

PostSubject: Re: So what is it really that makes a sheeptagger good?   So what is it really that makes a sheeptagger good? EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 4:55 am

+1 jean !
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

PostSubject: Re: So what is it really that makes a sheeptagger good?   So what is it really that makes a sheeptagger good? EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 5:54 pm

hard to answer your question. it depends on how specific you want to be. obviously gameunderstanding and techincal skill are the most important things, underwhich "timing" and "potential" are subfactors.

hoooowever, if someone asked me what to practice specifically to improve, i'd probably say:

as sheep: minimap usage (know where wolves are 24/7, whos isolated, and whos about to get isolated. help the guys who're about to get isolated before they get isolated. also look at where your mass is the weakest and go enforce it/fill in the gaps the wolves made by cutting).

as wolf: play 1hitter (look for kids to isolate/weakness in the sheeps mass. this gives you a feel of how you want your allies to play to make your job easier - and in effect - shows you what you need to do to help others when they have 1hitter/most influence).

while these aren't necessarily the 2 most important skills, they're very important and probably what most players are the worst at. you could call them "teamworking", even though i hate that term Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: So what is it really that makes a sheeptagger good?   So what is it really that makes a sheeptagger good? EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 8:39 am

There are loads of different skills that combined makes you a good sheep/wolf.

What skill you need to practice is different from each player. What skill is most important for you is also different from each player.

CMK:s most important skill is his ability to stay alive alone against many wolves while still massing fast. While my most important skill are more similar to what you (Map) and amir is talking about, seeing potential and understanding what is best to do.

So if you compare me to CMK he is probably better assuming we do the exact same thing while I am better assuming w.e we chose to do we would be equally good at doing it.

(This is assuming we are both sheep).

The best player is in my eyes the one that contributes most to his team in pro games. Since havent had one since like 2011 its hard to say who that is atm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So what is it really that makes a sheeptagger good?   So what is it really that makes a sheeptagger good? Empty

Back to top Go down

So what is it really that makes a sheeptagger good?
Page 1 of 1