The STC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The STC Forum

www.sheeptagforum.tk or https://sheeptag.forumotion.net/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tournament Guidelines

Go down 
+2
ShoresOfEden
Effloresce
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Effloresce

Effloresce

Tournament Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Tournament Guidelines   Tournament Guidelines EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 11:25 am

If you want to host a tournament or other event in this community take note and follow these guide lines.

1. If you decide to host a tournament do NOT wait for weeks or months. As an organizer your motivation drops the longer you wait. Players also lose motivation as well as any trust in your ability to conduct the tournament.

2. The ideal playing time is when we are usually playing and not during the holidays or some crap. Start it slightly earlier in the evening to allow for long games.

3. Keep all information in one thread and continuously update the opening post. That way information is easy to find and not spread out over 10 threads in a forum as has been the case in the past.

4. Be firm and keep to (some) of your rules. Postponing is just another way of signing the death certificate of your tournament. Do not EVER postpone. See (1) and remember that just as one team may not make it this week – the other team may not make it the next.

5. Be open to changing your rules when it comes to team issues. Who is playing is ultimately not important – what matters is that the games are played.

6. Keep a presence. As an organizer you can’t rely on crackbrains to run the show.

Also I think it’s worth putting an asterisk next to unreliable players for future tournaments.

Shoop – Tried to ruin during the first round and made my job as an organizer 10x harder.
Nightmare[behh] – Signs his team up knowing the dates and then disappears.
Azzuro[behh] – Randomly AFKs during the first round.
Greatlakes – Starts bitching and wants to leave during the FINAL so he can study.
Grrwolf/T_P_T/Sheepytaggernep – Toilets that refused to play in the first round despite being available.
CascadingRivers – Died in 30sec & 16sec. Will kill team morale!
Back to top Go down
ShoresOfEden

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Guidelines   Tournament Guidelines EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 11:31 am

Lakes doesnt fit in that list. Don't forget he eventually did play the games (took like 2 hours all together or more?) just because we lacked players to play. He had a major exam tomorrow and I'm sure 99% of other kids wudnt make time for a fack ST tourney if they still had to do some studying.

Nice guidelines.
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Guidelines   Tournament Guidelines EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 11:43 am

Lol? What exacly did I do wrong?

1. I didnt register for ANYTHING.

2. I agree to help out by participating in a random team with 0 preparations and basicly 0 chance to win. I

3. After the first round is finished more or less the whole other team refuse to suicide and just continue massing. Eventually some of them suicide but there are still some idiots massing.

Considering :

* I didnt register for ANYTHING
* People in other team who did register did actually destroy for the tournament
* I finished the round
* I played ONLY to help out with the tournament
* Mass other people were online so it couldnt have been ANY problems to fill my spot

How can you say I "ruined" your tournament? In my opinion we should react strongly when people mess around in serious games.

What you do by putting the blame on me is :

1. Showing its ok what some people did to deliberatly ruin the tournament for their own entertainment

and

2. Scaring other volounteers away from future tournament seeing as they will be flamed if they dont finish the entire 3 rounds. I think we should be open to let people in these kind of "random teams" play as long as they finish the rounds they start seeing as they do not have the possibility to plan ahead. 3 or in some cases even 5 rounds takes a long time and a lot of people eat around that hour. If you just accept help from the people who can guarantee you they have time for 3 or 5 rounds it will dramaticly decrease the chance of getting help.
Back to top Go down
Effloresce

Effloresce

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Guidelines   Tournament Guidelines EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 2:30 pm

You caused me the most trouble from an organizing point of view and I'm rightly warning future organizers about you.

I don't think anything you have said is relevant and I do think that we all know you're difficult to deal with and that makes you a liability.

Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Guidelines   Tournament Guidelines EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:04 pm

enstek - played dota all day/night on saturday and then skipped the finals on sunday so he could study. he told me he couldn't play the finals at 3-4 am the night before.

when you already know the match dates, it takes less than common sense to realize that you either have to reschedule whatever you got going on irl OR tell your team/everyone involved that you won't show up days in advance. if your dad gets high on smack and starts beating the shit out of your mother => you're excused. studying is not an excuse for ditching out at the last second.

its also a bit annoying how we have to wait for everyone to eat dinner. seriously, how hard is it eat before the matches or just skip dinner one day? Laughing

we should have more tourneys. this was fun as shit. im expecting a "chaises skateboard tourney" or "eXAS fertilizer championship" sometime the following months.
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Guidelines   Tournament Guidelines EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:21 pm

Ofcourse its relevant Sidey.

By flaming someone who volounteers to help out for not helping out as much as you wanted you decrease the chance of help in further tournament.

Its better for someone to volounteer one round than no round, if not say so in advance dont make a big deal afterwards beacause everything didnt go your way.
Back to top Go down
Effloresce

Effloresce

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Guidelines   Tournament Guidelines EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 8:45 pm

I don't care what you think Shoop. Everything you say is irrelevant.

This is my perception of you from an organizer's standpoint. You were the most problematic player of this tournament.

I'm warning future organizers so that their tournaments stand a chance of being successful despite people like you.

Perhaps you will be deterred to ruin future games as well. Who knows!
Back to top Go down
Map

Map

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Guidelines   Tournament Guidelines EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 9:12 pm

Yea, we need another Tournament.
But maybe this time we could include more players and the teams should be equal that you could say 'every team could win' because if you know, you've got the best team you're not that much under pressure and less fun for your opponnents also..
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Guidelines   Tournament Guidelines EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 9:34 pm

teams were obviously fine, as i predicted from the start. its very hard to dominate in todays map.

you guys didnt use any of the worlds best players => its not my fault. cmk grim and all the other good players weren't used. finals was far from a walk-over and the matches were really even.
Back to top Go down
Night

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Guidelines   Tournament Guidelines EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 12:25 am

Effloresce wrote:
If you want to host a tournament or other event in this community take note and follow these guide lines.

1. If you decide to host a tournament do NOT wait for weeks or months. As an organizer your motivation drops the longer you wait. Players also lose motivation as well as any trust in your ability to conduct the tournament.

2. The ideal playing time is when we are usually playing and not during the holidays or some crap. Start it slightly earlier in the evening to allow for long games.

3. Keep all information in one thread and continuously update the opening post. That way information is easy to find and not spread out over 10 threads in a forum as has been the case in the past.

4. Be firm and keep to (some) of your rules. Postponing is just another way of signing the death certificate of your tournament. Do not EVER postpone. See (1) and remember that just as one team may not make it this week – the other team may not make it the next.

5. Be open to changing your rules when it comes to team issues. Who is playing is ultimately not important – what matters is that the games are played.

6. Keep a presence. As an organizer you can’t rely on crackbrains to run the show.

Also I think it’s worth putting an asterisk next to unreliable players for future tournaments.

Shoop – Tried to ruin during the first round and made my job as an organizer 10x harder.
Nightmare[behh] – Signs his team up knowing the dates and then disappears.
Azzuro[behh] – Randomly AFKs during the first round.
Greatlakes – Starts bitching and wants to leave during the FINAL so he can study.
Grrwolf/T_P_T/Sheepytaggernep – Toilets that refused to play in the first round despite being available.
CascadingRivers – Died in 30sec & 16sec. Will kill team morale!

1. I only signed this team due to knowing that ppl in behh would likely play in any tournament.
2. I posted Team with atleast 6/7 players , and i MENTIoned that there might be changes. If someone goes missing-> there are always subs to play.

The only problem was that i didnt mention earlier that i will go skiing. I will take the bullet for that.

Anyway pretty good tournament, if we can call it that way. 3 teams involved is not really a tournament, but i guess thats all we can get in atm sheep tag.
P.S im back soon , GET FucKEN READY
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Guidelines   Tournament Guidelines Empty

Back to top Go down

Tournament Guidelines
Page 1 of 1