The STC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The STC Forum

www.sheeptagforum.tk or https://sheeptag.forumotion.net/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Tournament Ideas

Go down 
+5
CandyManKiller
Nmcdo
VsKatshuma
teamEUROPE
Spyffe
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Spyffe

New Tournament Ideas Empty
PostSubject: New Tournament Ideas   New Tournament Ideas EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 5:54 am

Since we have just seen the success of The Nations Cups.

We should look forward to a new tournament, and bring our new experiences with us to make it even better. I'm prepared to arrange a new Sheep Tag Tournament and host it. But I think it would be great, to go through the things we could improve and what was an success (compared to The Nations Cup).

I have even thought it might be a good idea, to determine some times every week where there will deffinetely be games. The aim with this, is to enable people who wants to play sheeptag, but doesn't bother waitin all evening on a game.

I would love to hear your thoughts on my ideas, and what more...

//Spyffe
Back to top Go down
teamEUROPE

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament Ideas   New Tournament Ideas EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 6:48 am

My idea is to get like 4 captains ( depends on how much people would participate ) and everyone who wants to play, meet up in any channel. These captains can choose their team mates. Not one captain in a row.
This idea would work to make teams MORE equal ( fair ).

E.G.: Traxx starts to take anyone, after Night takes the next, then Cmk and after Chaise.
Then Traxx starts again.
Back to top Go down
Spyffe

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament Ideas   New Tournament Ideas EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 7:32 am

Great idea, Solves heaps of problems. I imagine the ideal thing would be weekly Captains Tournament. We could even go to the extent of noting down points to the winners of each week, and finally we can have Winners of the Month.!!!

There is some points that need to be made clear before-hand tho;

- Captains, there needs to be around 1/5 of the players playing need to be captains. E.g if there suddenly turns up 5 more than expected, we need one more to be announced captain.

- Hostbots, we have to determine before-hand which hostbots are the best, and which are available.

- Games, idealy if we could have more games going on at the same time, the tournament will be more efficient. And people will keep their interest.

- Rules and consequences. Short understandable rules, that everyone know and follow. The consequences of breaking rules, should be discussed and determined.

- Hosts. Hosts will be designated by votes, in the game or choosen before-hand.

Fix: It is just some points that should be taken in consideration.

Back to top Go down
teamEUROPE

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament Ideas   New Tournament Ideas EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 9:07 am

Spyffe wrote:
Great idea, Solves heaps of problems. I imagine the ideal thing would be weekly Captains Tournament. We could even go to the extent of noting down points to the winners of each week, and finally we can have Winners of the Month.!!!

There is some points that need to be made clear before-hand tho;

- Captains, there needs to be around 1/5 of the players playing need to be captains. E.g if there suddenly turns up 5 more than expected, we need one more to be announced captain.

- Hostbots, we have to determine before-hand which hostbots are the best, and which are available.

- Games, idealy if we could have more games going on at the same time, the tournament will be more efficient. And people will keep their interest.

- Rules and consequences. Short understandable rules, that everyone know and follow. The consequences of breaking rules, should be discussed and determined.

- Hosts. Hosts will be designated by votes, in the game or choosen before-hand.

Fix: It is just some points that should be taken in consideration.

Awesome idea with the 'winner of the month'.
Should there be anything the CAPTAINS need to be like? ( skilled, european, ...)

Captain: Anyone with a good and serious attitude - IQ should be over FIX-Mens.
Hostbot: Grr - Any guy can disable the bot to prevent the hostfrom from little spikes.
Date: I'd say like Friday 11 pm and Saturday 11 pm. Good times.
Rules: We might take the same like these of Nation CUP 2013.

MY EXAMPLE

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPYFFE Cup 2013

WHAT?

SC is a tournament played by every SheepTagger which wants to participate. You don't need to form a team. Just show up at the announced channel.

WHEN?
SC will be played hardly every friday at saturday at 11 p.m.

HOW?
Tournament will be played on Sheeptag Revolution 7.3.4b (if nothing else is said)
Each game is 5on5 and best out of 3 rounds where 1 round is wolfing+sheeping. The team with best sheep time wins the round and the first team to win 2 rounds wins the game.
Sheep team will choose colors and host.
There will be captains. The captains can pick up their team. Teams will be equal because your turn to pick is after everyone picked once, twice, ...
Show up in the announced channel and wait to get picked. People / Tournamentsupporter will tell you more about it in channel. Smurfs aren't allowed to play, you need to be known*.
Pausing the game is allowed with a warning before hand only 1 pause per team per round
Sheep Team can once -cancel.

Disconnects:
Only 1 remake is allowed per team per game
Remake is only allowed if a player disconnects under 2 minutes of round time
If there is already a sheep killed remakes are not allowed for the sheep team
The disconnecting player has 20 minutes to sign back into bnet before the other team has to play

Report abuse to Spyffe[behh]. Breaking the rules is obviously not tolerated and will lead to punishment* that I decide.

Registration will be made in the specific thread for this.

*You need to be known as a Sheep Tag player by atleast more than 3 players.
*You'll get banned from the previous games in the next week. Your admin is also removed and you wont be taken into any discussions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hosts: Yea, I might consider people like Nightmare, Pab, Traxx, Cmk and maybe Me to be one of the hosts. But host isn't the big problem because people can vote ingame and so he takes his choices after the majority.

Another thing is that this time the tournament shouldn't end up like the Nation Cup.

We need fair teams, a good climate between eachother and fair gameplay.

1 SUB should be allowed.

Edit: Channel would be 'Tournament'. I can offer you a normal channel bot and I give you 200 access so people can write mails to you and you can answer through it.

Back to top Go down
VsKatshuma

VsKatshuma

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament Ideas   New Tournament Ideas EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 11:26 am

+Support
Back to top Go down
Nmcdo

Nmcdo

PostSubject: hmm   New Tournament Ideas EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 3:19 pm

Sounds Cool.
+1
Back to top Go down
Spyffe

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament Ideas   New Tournament Ideas EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 10:20 am

Join channel Tournament. /J Tournament to participate
Back to top Go down
CandyManKiller

CandyManKiller

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament Ideas   New Tournament Ideas EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 7:52 pm

I only play if i get katshuma[legend] in my team.
Back to top Go down
teamEUROPE

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament Ideas   New Tournament Ideas EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 9:32 pm

Then you probably wont play Smile
Back to top Go down
Pab

Pab

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament Ideas   New Tournament Ideas EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 10:36 pm

Yo

This was little whorehouse, but good job for make it, we had good play and when it ended, legend game came, played ST all night !

GJ, keep make tournament, it make ST activ as fuck
Back to top Go down
Spyffe

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament Ideas   New Tournament Ideas EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 3:23 am

I did alot of mistakes last night, and i have learned alot by those mistakes.

1. I should have followed the determined timeline, the tournament started too early.

2. Drafting system. New and improved drafting system is highly needed. On this point i would like alot of feedback and suggestions to improve/change the drafting system.

3. Who plays when. If for example there is 4 teams: The 1. Captain should start by playing the 2. Captain, and 3. and 4. Captains play eachother meanwhile.

4. Tighter regulation of rules. And rules should be writen down in forum more clearly. Idea: It should be required that the players that is going to play should read the rules before hand.

5. Each games should be remaked, when other team gets Sheep turn, in order to let the teams chose their ideal colours.

Last night showed some big positives aswell:

1. This community is still very much active. Considering the short notice of the tournament, there was still around 20 players who wanted to participate in the tournament!

2. Some very high skilled games, was played later on that night. Alot of people re found their passion for sheeptag.

But guys, I would like all of you to come with ideas of improvement of this tournament.

Thank you all for participating, I hope you still have faith in this project and that faith will be evident, to next tournament.

Feedback will be very much appreciated! Smile
Back to top Go down
SKiLL_OwnZ-

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament Ideas   New Tournament Ideas EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 4:16 am

Idea of drafting system:

C = captain

C1
C2
C3
C4

Continue this makes C4 get the 4th best player and the "worst" player.

This = makes C4, yesterday it was Nightmare[behh] feel a HUGE disadvantage.

Eventho we had only 3 Captains, but it's the same story with any amount of captains.

C1
C2
C3
C4
C4
C3
C2
C1
C4
C3
C2
C1
C4
C3
C2
C1
C4
C3
C2
C1

Now C1 gets the "best" player but his second pick is after 7 players are drafted already + he gets the "worst" player aswell.

Anyway at least one captain will feel disadvantage and probably not play, no matter how draftings work.
Back to top Go down
Spyffe

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament Ideas   New Tournament Ideas EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 6:42 am

Great idea Martin. Deffinetely more fair, and good point; There will always be someone that is feeling they have the dissadvantage.
Back to top Go down
Jean-Mii

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament Ideas   New Tournament Ideas EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 1:33 am

The thing martin said is fair for the 2 first drafts but after its C1 that gets disadvantaged having ALWAYS last pick, I think it should be more like this :

C1
C2
C3
C4

C4
C3
C2
C1

C1
C2
C3
C4

C4
C3
C2
C1

C1
C2
C3
C4
Back to top Go down
TraxxWOLF

TraxxWOLF

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament Ideas   New Tournament Ideas EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 2:34 am

The problem isnt how the system if built - the problem is the players.

If there are 4 captains each picking 4 players we will have 4 pools of player:

1) The first picks (4 players)
2) The second picks (4 players)
3) The third picks (4 players)
4) The fourth picks (4 players)

What happend last night and what will continue happening EVERY TIME WE PLAY is that each of those 4 groups won't have the exact same quality. If the 4 best players in game are three tier 1 and one tier 2 the captain with the tier 2 player will instantly start whine about worse team and (as night did last night) ruin the tournament. What we need to fix this is just to maybe care A LITTLE less about winning and more about having fun. Team Sweden won over (on the paper) a team with better players.

What I am trying to say is that it won't matter how you fix the system if players like Nightmare, Jean-mii, martin, polar continue to whine if they don't get a team so OP they are sure to win.

The exact same thing happens every versus - the same players are those who refuse to play/goes afk/whines entire rounds in versus if they got one less tier 1 player or the worst player in the game.

What you should have done last friday was to just say "Okey night (and his team members, polar mostly) we had rules clear when we started, if this doesn't fit you go play 2on4 with ur team and the other 12 who don't whine goes to play the tourament". What happend instead was that we let nightmare fix an cheat team with players not on the list for the draft and it ruined the entire tourament. Night knew before that if u get 1th, 2th or 3th pick would give you either the best, second best or worst team - he had unluck getting 3th pick and chose to ruin the tourny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament Ideas   New Tournament Ideas Empty

Back to top Go down

New Tournament Ideas
Page 1 of 1