The STC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The STC Forum

www.sheeptagforum.tk or https://sheeptag.forumotion.net/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World?

Go down 
+2
TayVaNo
Shoop
6 posters

Which one is your favorite?
Great Pyramid of Giza
Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World? Vote_lcap33%Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World? Vote_rcap
 33% [ 4 ]
Hanging Gardens of Babylon
Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World? Vote_lcap42%Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World? Vote_rcap
 42% [ 5 ]
Statue of Zeus at Olympia
Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World? Vote_lcap8%Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Temple of Artemis
Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World? Vote_lcap8%Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Mausoleum at Halicarnassus
 8% [ 1 ]
Colossus of Rhodes
Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World? Vote_lcap0%Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Lighthouse of Alexandria
Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World? Vote_lcap0%Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Shoop

Shoop

Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World? Empty
PostSubject: Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World?   Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World? EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 3:17 am

Great Pyramid of Giza
Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World? 800px-Kheops-Pyramid

Hanging Gardens of Babylon
Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World? Hanging_Gardens_of_Babylon

Statue of Zeus at Olympia
Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World? Statue_of_Zeus

Temple of Artemis
Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World? Temple_of_Artemis

Mausoleum at Halicarnassus
Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World? Mausoleum

Colossus of Rhodes
Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World? Colossus_of_Rhodes

Lighthouse of Alexandria
Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World? PHAROS2006
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World?   Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World? EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 5:06 am

Lol who voted for the Zeus statue? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TayVaNo

PostSubject: Re: Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World?   Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World? EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 9:41 am

Temple of Artemis cuz u can see naked ass there
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World?   Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World? EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 11:30 am

This is some insane shit aswell :
Back to top Go down
XXXandBEER

PostSubject: Re: Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World?   Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 9:22 am

The pyramids because they are the only one proven to have actually existed there is little to no evidence that the rest of the ancient wonders were even around. Also the pyramids are insanely large and to be built that long ago that size of rocks without equipment is insane. Plus its still standing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World?   Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 1:42 am

Lol, base the discussion on all of the wonders existing. Otherwise its 0 point, we might aswell remove all from the discussion?

A point you could make instead is that the pyramids stood the test of time, unlike the others.

But IF the Hanging Gardens existed I think they are even more impressiven considering they required an extremly complicated system to supply the plants with water etc.
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

PostSubject: Re: Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World?   Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 2:57 am

Quote :
they required an extremly complicated system to supply the plants with water etc.
why would they need an ''extreme complicated system''? pretty sure they can tell slaves to carry water in buckets.
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World?   Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:12 am

32 000 liters every day? Up 30 meters.

An archimedes screw might have been possible : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archimedes_screw

But ye these Hanging Gardens sounds more unlikeley the more I read about it. But if they existed its extremly amazing.
Back to top Go down
Madhatters

Madhatters

PostSubject: Re: Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World?   Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 6:37 am

Wonder - A feeling of surprise mingled with admiration, caused by something beautiful, unexpected, unfamiliar, or inexplicable.

I do not find a 3 dimensional triangle made out of rocks to be beautiful, unexpected or unfamiliar. I also don't admire them to a large degree and their purpose has been explained. The hanging gardens on the other hand are legendary.. if they existed they are a far better wonder imo.

If I could see one of the wonders in person, I would choose the hanging gardens without a doubt and I wouldn't even want to go see the pyramids in person.
Back to top Go down
Chakra

PostSubject: Re: Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World?   Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 7:04 am

Quote :
3 dimensional triangle
It's called a pyramid, silly.

All the wonders are kind of boring. :/ I suppose the Hanging Gardens were de best, though.
Back to top Go down
Madhatters

Madhatters

PostSubject: Re: Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World?   Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 7:18 am

I was being overly simplistic to get my point across !
Back to top Go down
XXXandBEER

PostSubject: Re: Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World?   Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 8:01 am

Madhatters wrote:
Wonder - A feeling of surprise mingled with admiration, caused by something beautiful, unexpected, unfamiliar, or inexplicable.

I do not find a 3 dimensional triangle made out of rocks to be beautiful, unexpected or unfamiliar. I also don't admire them to a large degree and their purpose has been explained. The hanging gardens on the other hand are legendary.. if they existed they are a far better wonder imo.

If I could see one of the wonders in person, I would choose the hanging gardens without a doubt and I wouldn't even want to go see the pyramids in person.

How can you possible think a bunch of plants in the air (Hanging gardens of babylon) is more impressive then a pyramid made of 2.3 MILLION ROCKS each weighing around 15 TONS. REMEMBER there was NO MACHINES these stones were DRAGGED by millions of people 15 TONS could you imagine? What about your silly plants that are hanging big deal anyways the hanging gardens are the least likely to have existed out of the 7 ancient wonders.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World?   Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World? Empty

Back to top Go down

Rank 1 Wonder of the Ancient World?
Page 1 of 1