The STC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The STC Forum

www.sheeptagforum.tk or https://sheeptag.forumotion.net/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

!!!!!!!!!!amEriCans!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shoop

Shoop

!!!!!!!!!!amEriCans! Empty
PostSubject: !!!!!!!!!!amEriCans!   !!!!!!!!!!amEriCans! EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 1:13 pm

Back to top Go down
XXXandBEER

PostSubject: Re: !!!!!!!!!!amEriCans!   !!!!!!!!!!amEriCans! EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 1:49 pm

Dam i want that burger
Back to top Go down
Echo

Echo

PostSubject: Re: !!!!!!!!!!amEriCans!   !!!!!!!!!!amEriCans! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:43 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOaCemmsnNk

It's a damn shame what America has become. You can be considered a terrorist by your own government if you believe in the United States Constitution.
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: !!!!!!!!!!amEriCans!   !!!!!!!!!!amEriCans! EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:00 pm

Well you are definently retarded if you "believe in the constitution". Over 200 year piece of paper lol.
Back to top Go down
XXXandBEER

PostSubject: Re: !!!!!!!!!!amEriCans!   !!!!!!!!!!amEriCans! EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 9:22 am

Shoop wrote:
Over 200 year piece of paper lol.

O.o So because something is old makes it not viable? So all math, science, and most books are all lies that shouldn't be bothered with? I'm not trying to defend the constitution i just think your reasoning is very flawed people from 200 years ago were probably way smarter then most people now.
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: !!!!!!!!!!amEriCans!   !!!!!!!!!!amEriCans! EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 10:01 am

If you believe in math beacause it says so on a 200 year old piece of paper then you are retarded, yeah. There are however several good reasons to believe in math.
Back to top Go down
XXXandBEER

PostSubject: Re: !!!!!!!!!!amEriCans!   !!!!!!!!!!amEriCans! EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 10:18 am

Shoop wrote:
If you believe in math beacause it says so on a 200 year old piece of paper then you are retarded, yeah. There are however several good reasons to believe in math.

Most of our history is written on old pieces of paper. So whatever is documented you don't believe because its an old piece of paper?
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: !!!!!!!!!!amEriCans!   !!!!!!!!!!amEriCans! EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 10:33 am

Its not a reason to believe in it and its not a reason not to believe in it. I am, however, pretty sure you dont have any good reason to believe in the constitution.
Back to top Go down
Zo0LanDeR

PostSubject: Re: !!!!!!!!!!amEriCans!   !!!!!!!!!!amEriCans! EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 10:54 am

The constitution can be, and is, actively amended to reflect changing opinions. I would say I "believe in the constitution", guess I'm a retard.

Not that it really matters, but I wonder if you've read it.
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: !!!!!!!!!!amEriCans!   !!!!!!!!!!amEriCans! EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 11:54 am

The problem is that you believe in the constitution, not the ideas in it. You believe in it beacause it is your constitution, not beacause you think the ideas are good. This kind of think have trapped USA in an obsolete political system with little hope of improvement and a poorly functioning democracy.
Back to top Go down
XXXandBEER

PostSubject: Re: !!!!!!!!!!amEriCans!   !!!!!!!!!!amEriCans! EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 12:15 pm

Shoop wrote:
The problem is that you believe in the constitution, not the ideas in it. You believe in it beacause it is your constitution, not beacause you think the ideas are good. This kind of think have trapped USA in an obsolete political system with little hope of improvement and a poorly functioning democracy.

I thought we were talking about 200 year old papers. Not whether or not i believe in the constitution and how believing in it is hurting the us. And actually get your facts straight the US constitution is hardly in effect this day in age. The constitution has been completely changed and is basically obsolete.
Back to top Go down
Chakra

PostSubject: Re: !!!!!!!!!!amEriCans!   !!!!!!!!!!amEriCans! EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 4:11 pm

Shoop is completely right. Americans don't love the concepts embedded within the Constitution (which have, for all intents and purposes, remained fairly static), but rather the document itself. Most Americans wouldn't be able to pick out their favorite sections, their favorite amendments (they might say 1st or 14th, as those are the most remarkable), or give you any actual facts about it itself.

The document is revered for being old. It is a simple show of nationalism. It is similarly paralleled with how we regard our founding fathers.

I'm not saying it doesn't contain some great ideas, but it also contains shitty ones or ones that have become obsolete (electoral college, the modern interpretation of the second amendment, publicly funded elections).

But I do believe the document itself isn't a failure, rather the people. We should have removed these silly things by now. Our acceptance of a two-party system ran on private finance is what has destroyed our ability to function in a modern world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: !!!!!!!!!!amEriCans!   !!!!!!!!!!amEriCans! Empty

Back to top Go down

!!!!!!!!!!amEriCans!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The STC Forum :: General Discussion-
Jump to: