The STC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The STC Forum

www.sheeptagforum.tk or https://sheeptag.forumotion.net/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TECHNOLOGY - help me out.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

TECHNOLOGY - help me out. Empty
PostSubject: TECHNOLOGY - help me out.   TECHNOLOGY - help me out. EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 4:43 am

TECHNOLOGY - help me out. Cool-gadgets-video_goggles

TECHNOLOGY - help me out. Cool-Gadget-iTV-Goggles

TECHNOLOGY - help me out. 090311_rg_SonyHMZT01_02

TV GOGGLES. there are many different models. the bottom picture => ive tried personally, and it looks amazing. feels like sitting in a 3D cinema and watching a HUGE screen from 15 meter distance.

the quality is amazing, and they look real dorky. is this something that's going to blow up? is it worth getting these?

i need a new movie/music player for traveling etc. my old ARCHOS broke:
TECHNOLOGY - help me out. Archos-5-Internet-Tablet-Review-Pic2

its very obvious that the GOGGLES are better for watching movies. you can block the light-reflection, you can watch 3D, and it looks great. however, you look like a freak wearing them in public(minor concern, but still a negative), and some reviews say that your neck/face gets really tired after using certain models for hours. the battery lifetime/storage capacity is also lesser than the archos. i think the main focus of the TV goggles are for home-use only, not for traveling. they are like a supplementary toy to your TV.

should i hunt for TV-Goggles or should i get another archos?
Back to top Go down
Celestial_One

PostSubject: Re: TECHNOLOGY - help me out.   TECHNOLOGY - help me out. EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 5:13 am

Yo I don't Roy know about the nerdgoggles, but I own a kindle fire. It's cheaper than your archos and works great. http://tablets.findthebest.com/compare/3-82/Archos-10-1-Internet-Tablet-vs-Amazon-Kindle-Fire

It costs 199. It plays videos great, has good sound, and some nifty features. Only downside is that t doesn't have a built in camera or microphone... I don't know what you're looking to get out of your tablet, but if it's just interwebbings, playing a some games, and reading books then I higjly recommend kindle fire. It has not crashed on me once yet, nor has it really failed me in any way. $199 will get you a pretty bawss tablet.
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

PostSubject: Re: TECHNOLOGY - help me out.   TECHNOLOGY - help me out. EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 5:33 am

that comparison you posted is flawed. it sais that archos got 8 gb HDD. my old archos had 500 GB. it also sais the archos isn't touch-screen, which is false. dont remember the rest of the details, but probably some flaws.

but keep in mind that there are certain requirements that have to be met.

1) big/good enough screen to comfterably watch a shitload of movies while traveling
2) BIG storeage space(minimum of 300gb)
3) good batterylife

these have to be met for me to consider the portable video-player. kindlefire seems to have small screen and low storeage space?
Back to top Go down
XXXandBEER

PostSubject: Re: TECHNOLOGY - help me out.   TECHNOLOGY - help me out. EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 9:58 am

Those Goggles look so retarded so dumb why would ever waste any money on them, just another thing to lose or break also how would they not get annoying to keep on your head. Your reasoning is because you can watch things in 3D... WHO CARES?!?!?!? 3D in my opinion is WORSE cause nausea and headaches why would you want that.
Back to top Go down
Chakra

PostSubject: Re: TECHNOLOGY - help me out.   TECHNOLOGY - help me out. EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 5:51 pm

If you're out in public, say trapped at school for an hour and a half break (a hole) and have nothing to do. You can pop them on, with perfect ease, and simply watch. Them looking stupid is about as lame as an argument as possible.

However, I'd probably weight a year or two. I can't remember the company, but one is working on making standard glasses with embedded, high resolution screens. That is, they look relatively normal and can overlay images. If you watch CES, you'll see that major technology with related concepts are soon coming to the market (specifically, windows). I'd rather have these, especially for tests.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TECHNOLOGY - help me out.   TECHNOLOGY - help me out. Empty

Back to top Go down

TECHNOLOGY - help me out.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The STC Forum :: General Discussion-
Jump to: