The STC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The STC Forum

www.sheeptagforum.tk or https://sheeptag.forumotion.net/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Testmap

Go down 
+6
XXXandBEER
Chakra
Celestial_One
TraxxWOLF
CHIEFHERO[SKS]
Shoop
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TrollPro

TrollPro

New Testmap - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Testmap   New Testmap - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 9:02 am

I dont like that wide farm is removed, rest seems interesting but put wide farm back into play.
Back to top Go down
Celestial_One

PostSubject: Re: New Testmap   New Testmap - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 1:31 pm

Yeah as others have stated (and I was the first? ^^) we should add back wide farm.

An idea is that you could weight the changes in income over time so that it favors wolves.

Ie 3 mins -> increase sheep income by 20%
 and increase shepherd income by 40%

8 mins -> increase sheep income by a further 30%
and increase shepherd income by another 40%

obviously these are just play-around numbers, but I think it would help solve the issue, and still make the game more fun as it progresses further into late-game. More gold more possibilities! The way I see it is that you want shepherds to be using their gold as the game progresses, but sheep get a significant strategic advantage when they are all alive after 3-4 minutes and nobody is dead. The way to solve this is to obviously significantly increase shepherd income since that is the exact scenario we are hoping to change and avoid.

The gold-rates could also be different for each type of mode. IE 2v4 sheep should obviously get more income. 3v4 sheep get way less income. 3v5 income is relatively the same. 4v5 income relatively the same with slight favor for wolves. 5v5 significant income favoring wolves.

I base most of this on the theory that there is no permanent investments for shepherds, which has always been inherent in the maps. If you want shepherds to only use one-time-use items (OTU), then you need to seriously account for how shepherds deal with large amounts of farms. We shouldn't penalize either team for doing what the best strategy is... especially not massing (farm count) as beer suggested.

Depending on the results we may even end up lowering sheep income as time progresses, but I think we'll find more exciting gameplay for both sides if income increases and just favors one team.

LMK what ya think Wink
Back to top Go down
Fr[o]sT

PostSubject: Re: New Testmap   New Testmap - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 2:10 pm

Shoop got's no say in what we do with the map anymore, all up to Chakra and Fr[o]sTy now^^ We will most likely add back Wide Farm, make changes to terrain ect. (; Any requests for map = Come to me.!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Testmap   New Testmap - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Testmap
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2