The STC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The STC Forum

www.sheeptagforum.tk or https://sheeptag.forumotion.net/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Samsung VS Iphone

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

Samsung VS Iphone Empty
PostSubject: Samsung VS Iphone   Samsung VS Iphone EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:36 am

Specifically Samsuns galaxy s3 VS Iphone 5.

Samsung VS Iphone It_photo_121045_42

PRICE
Galaxy s3 is notable cheaper than the Iphone 5. s3 scores 1 point.

SCREEN
Galaxy s3 has a bigger screen, and a better screen resolution. It depends on how big of a screen you want, both provide quality screens, galaxy is slightly bigger and iphone5 is slightly sharper. 0 points to either.

SPEED
hard to compare. seems that iphone 5 is slightly faster on average. iphone 5 scores 1 point.

OPERATING SYSTEM
iphone is much easier to use and userfriendly, galaxy gives more options for customization. depends on what you want. 0 points to either.

APPS
iphone has better pay-apps on average, s3(android) got better free apps (revenue based on advertising in the apps). generally all the good apps that you want are available for both phones. 0 points.

MAPS
s3 outshines ihpone 5 with googlemaps vs applemaps. s3 scores 1 point.

CAMERA/VIDEO/AUDIO
they both got 8 megapixels camera, yet iphone produces slightly better results. s3 got better front-camera (1.9 mp vs 0.89mp). iphone got slightly better audio quality. +1 point to iphone

STORAGE
iphone maxes out at 64 gb, s3 at 32 gb. however, you can buy SD cards for the s3 for up to 64 GB additional space, which you can't on ihpone. +1 for s3.

BATTERY
galaxy performs better. the bigger screen etc on the s3 drains more battery than the iphone, so the galaxy is definitelly a better "pound-for-pound" battery. but even excluding that, the galaxy will last longer on average. +1 for galaxy.

DESIGN/FEEL
Iphone 5 looks better and feels better. +1 for iphone.

CONCLUSION:
s3 got 3 points, iphone 5 got 3 points. its a TIE.

iphone 5: if you want good design, quality feeling, user-friendly. "The average-JOE phone"
Galaxy s3: if you want bigger screen, better battery, more options. "The geeky phone"

picturequality, speed, storeagespace etc are pretty similar. not likely to tilt the weight to either side. depends on what you want, but you won't be dissatisfied with either phone when compared to the other. PRICE is arguably the biggest selling-point. you get "more for what you pay" with the galaxy s3 than with the iphone 5. price excluded, both offer advantages and disadvantages. no clear winner can be drawn.

Which do you prefer, and why?
Back to top Go down
Chakra

Samsung VS Iphone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samsung VS Iphone   Samsung VS Iphone EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 7:18 am

Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

Samsung VS Iphone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samsung VS Iphone   Samsung VS Iphone EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 7:56 am

I have 0 knowledge in this, but I was under the impression that Samsung crushed iPhone in everything "technical". Are you sure iPhone got better screen resolution and speed?

(Notice now on Chakras link that it seems like Samsung does have better speed at least.)
Back to top Go down
BorN-2-Be-SheeP

Samsung VS Iphone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samsung VS Iphone   Samsung VS Iphone EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 8:11 am

Samsung Galaxy Note 2, 'nuff said
Back to top Go down
Chakra

Samsung VS Iphone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samsung VS Iphone   Samsung VS Iphone EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 8:25 am

He said iPhone has a sharper screen. This is "true" (real term would be crisp?), as the iPhone5 has 326 ppi and S3 has 306 ppi.

Also, S3 can have 64 GB internal storage.
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

Samsung VS Iphone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samsung VS Iphone   Samsung VS Iphone EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 9:50 am

screen/picture quality/speed = evaluated on *real tests*.

in other words, comparing identical pictures from the two phones, identical tasks performed on the phones, etc.

both cameras got 8 megapixels = doesn't mean the quality of the picture is going to be identical. minimal difference, but iphone 5 is slightly better imo. overall it performed tasks slightly faster than galaxy s3 as well (web browser, opening instagram, and so on).

better design/quality feel was obviously subjective tho. what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

Samsung VS Iphone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samsung VS Iphone   Samsung VS Iphone EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 9:56 am

I think Samsung has smarter design in the sense that its much more unlikeley to break if you drop it. At least thats what Ive heard.
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

Samsung VS Iphone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samsung VS Iphone   Samsung VS Iphone EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 6:15 am

both will break like a bird-shit when dropped. based on the drop-tests i've seen, it didn't seem like either of the phones was any more resistant than the other to stuns and ~1 meter falls.

however, the main battle was between s3 and iphone 4s (similar price and release date). iphone 5 is twice as fast as 4s and is an overall improvement. comparing the iphone 5 with the next big phones from samsung is gonna be a more interesting comparison. atm, it seems like the s3 and new iphone5 TIE out on technical features(depends on individual needs), the new iphone being more expensive ofc. its a given that the new samsung phones are gonna shit on iphone 5, if s3 and iphone5 TIE out in a head-to-head comparison.

however, there are certain (subjective) advantages with iphones that you can't easily compare to other phones. people generally think the iphone looks better than the alternatives, and feels better in your hand. the iphone operating system is also more user-friendly than the alternatives. there's also value in the apple brand (social approval/admiration etc) which some people find important. samsung definitelly wins on all objective features tho (battery/price/speed/camera etc) when comparing similar price and release-date.
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

Samsung VS Iphone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samsung VS Iphone   Samsung VS Iphone EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 7:17 am

Ofcourse its not a given that S3 will sell better if they tie as phones just beacause they have the same price.

Apple might have a lot stronger brand and sell better beacause of that. For instance.
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

Samsung VS Iphone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samsung VS Iphone   Samsung VS Iphone EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 7:43 am

i dno what you're talking about. i didn't say that s3 is gonna sell more (i didnt say that any phone/model is gonna sell more than anything else). nor did i say that s3 has the same price as anything else.

im saying that the new samsung phones will be better than the iphone 5, because the older samsung phones(s3) are roughly equally good as the iphone 5 today.
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

Samsung VS Iphone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samsung VS Iphone   Samsung VS Iphone EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 7:45 am

Lol sorry, completley misread your post. My faulth. Smile
Back to top Go down
Chakra

Samsung VS Iphone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samsung VS Iphone   Samsung VS Iphone EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 12:02 pm

The "user friendly" argument was always lost on me. I mean, user friendly to whom? I've heard Apple computers are "user friendly" but spend half an hour trying to figure out how to connect a printer.

I've never used an iOS phone, but I do have the S2, which took me about six minutes to master.

Apple phones might be more user friendly if you use apple devices or have had previous apple phones. But people who have worked with Google products, PC computers, or Linux OS will probably learn towards Android.
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

Samsung VS Iphone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samsung VS Iphone   Samsung VS Iphone EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 12:54 pm

given 0 preknowledge = ios is more userfriendly. ive used both an iphone 5 and the samsung s3(my current phone). i've also used previous iphones and previous android devices/tablets. based on my experience (and from most reviews i read) it seems like "ios is more userfriendly" holds water. but as i said, these are subjective advantages. someone might think the android is more userfriendly ^^
Back to top Go down
sapp_ron

Samsung VS Iphone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samsung VS Iphone   Samsung VS Iphone EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 1:16 am

I think Samsung Galaxy 3 is better than Iphone. Samsung Galaxy has some of the great features of smart phones. Android v iOS. Samsung uses Google's Android operating system; Apple uses its own iOS. They look very different.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Samsung VS Iphone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samsung VS Iphone   Samsung VS Iphone Empty

Back to top Go down

Samsung VS Iphone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The STC Forum :: General Discussion-
Jump to: