The STC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The STC Forum

www.sheeptagforum.tk or https://sheeptag.forumotion.net/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs.

Go down 
+2
XXXandBEER
Celestial_One
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Celestial_One

smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs. Empty
PostSubject: smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs.   smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs. EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 7:13 am

We all agree that eventually we all die. The odds of getting lung cancer after smoking cigarettes everyday for years is still low, same with liver disease with booze, and you become lazy from smoking weed everyday. All people agree, but here is the ultimate question.

Is it worth it to do these things for enjoyment if the punishment or risk is low enough?

We had legend topics on this in the past... I remember the arguments:

You should be religious because even if the possibility of God or heaven being real is super low the reward is infinitely high.

You shouldnt be religious if you don't truly believebecause it promotes ignorance and practices of some mongotard traditions... no gay marriage etc.

What do you think about substance use? Booze, weed, perscription drugs. Why do you do them, or why will you refuse to touch them? Are some substances okay, but not others? Which and by what standard of elimination are you using? Give examples or refer to anything to support your stance.
Back to top Go down
XXXandBEER

PostSubject: Re: smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs.   smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs. EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 7:45 am

I don't see a problem with any substances drugs/booze.

The problem comes when people abuse these substances.

For instance to much booze you become alcoholic. To much meth you become a meth head, pot pothead, etc.

I think drugs themselves are not bad or "evil", but actually can help people relax/chill out/pass time. Its like literally "Taking a chill pill", but when people get to the point where they have to have more and there's nothing that can stop them from getting it, then that is bad. Most commonly crack heads...

My thoughts
Booze and Pot - As Much as you want as long as you still get shit done

Hallucinogens - Not addictive, and can be fun. Try them once in a safe environment and no need to do it again.

Inhalants - No...

Narcotics - I say no, but you can try it once if you must^^

Also the OP talks about dieing everyday and risk that can occur from tobacco/alcohol and that's not anywhere in my mind, i'm thinking about my pocket (money) if you end up getting addicted to cigs or dip then your going to spend A LOT of money on something your body could really do without...

Basically don't abuse the substances have them at parties if you start doing these things alone your not doing well...
Back to top Go down
ShoresOfEden

PostSubject: Re: smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs.   smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs. EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 8:01 am

hold on i call cmk to the topic Razz

my real answer comes soon ^^ gtg make a foods now
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs.   smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs. EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 8:58 am

The religious argument is a nutjob, its equally likeley that the people who are religious are the ones going to hell and the atheists to heaven.
Back to top Go down
Chakra

PostSubject: Re: smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs.   smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs. EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:55 pm

Shoop either doesn't understand the fundamentals behind god-inspired religions or is just being silly.

Standard cigarettes, no matter the medical effects, are retarded to smoke. They cost way too much (find me a person who actively smokes for a few years who smokes only one cigarette a day). Drinking and drugs could have likely story, but they at least provide some real, strong effects.
Back to top Go down
CandyManKiller

CandyManKiller

PostSubject: Re: smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs.   smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs. EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 1:55 pm

Drugs is a bonus in life use it !! but not to much ^^
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs.   smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs. EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 4:24 pm

Chakra please explain what you think I dont understand. It will be very interesting to see why its more likley that, if there is a place like heaven, it is more likeley that people who are Christian will go there.
Back to top Go down
Chakra

PostSubject: Re: smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs.   smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs. EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 6:13 pm

Fuck it, I'll go the easy route.

If
A) we can assume being an atheist isn't some entrance requirement into Heaven, and
B) Christianity (or any religion) does have an entrance requirement, and you meet it (i.e., follow it), then
C) you have a higher chance of getting in.
For B), it doesn't matter which religion you follow, as long as at least one has a chance of being correct, because whichever chance you pick, you still have a chance of picking the correct one.
If A) fails, then it may have equal chance as any belief system.

But that's just looking at it in a very silly view. Supernatural plausibility are not isolated chances. That is, if Heaven exists, then there is a higher chance that God exists, as these ideas are uniquely tied.

An analogy would be sitting down at a table and chancing if you have salt and/or pepper. Chances are you probably have neither or both, as opposed to having just salt or just pepper.

Last edited by Chakra on Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs.   smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs. EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 4:08 am

You also forget the chance that atheism might be a requirement to get into heaven, which is equally likeley to the ones you presented.
Back to top Go down
Chakra

PostSubject: Re: smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs.   smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs. EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 5:20 am

Did you read my post?
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs.   smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs. EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 6:03 am

Yes, did you read mine?
Back to top Go down
Chakra

PostSubject: Re: smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs.   smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs. EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 6:11 am

Quote :
You also forget the chance that atheism might be a requirement to get into heaven

Quote :
If A) we can assume being an atheist isn't some entrance requirement into Heaven
Quote :
If A) fails, then it may have equal chance as any belief system.

But that's just looking at it in a very silly view. Supernatural plausibility are not isolated chances. That is, if Heaven exists, then there is a higher chance that God exists, as these ideas are uniquely tied.

An analogy would be sitting down at a table and chancing if you have salt and/or pepper. Chances are you probably have neither or both, as opposed to having just salt or just pepper.
plausibilities*
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs.   smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs. EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 6:19 am

Yes if the heaven described in the Bible exists. But it is equally likeley that a place which is exacly as good exists and only atheists get in there while all religious people go to a place exacly as bad as hell.
Back to top Go down
Chakra

PostSubject: Re: smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs.   smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs. EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 6:29 am

Why is that?

As I explained the idea of Heaven and Christianity is tied. That is, if Heaven exists, the likelihood of Christianity (as well as any other religion) is more than it would if Heaven didn't. That is, if there is salt on the table, pepper is probably also on the table.

The same cannot be said of an Atheist-favored Heaven and Atheism, as such no connect exists. Akin to the previous analogy, it would be like trying to correlate the chance of finding salt on the table and the chance of a solar flare occurring today. They are strictly and completely unrelated events, for all intents and purposes.

Now why don't you become interesting and post and argument?
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs.   smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs. EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 6:37 am

Wrong. Both are equally unlikeley. Same goes for the inviseble tea pot, the spagetthimonster and Zeus. If you dont understand that your brain is really weak.
Back to top Go down
Chakra

PostSubject: Re: smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs.   smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs. EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 6:43 am

We already know your opinion, let's hear your argument.
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs.   smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs. EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 6:54 am

My argument is that there is absolutley no support for any of the theories. Therefore they are equally likeley.
Back to top Go down
Chakra

PostSubject: Re: smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs.   smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs. EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 7:15 am

So you'd argue that it is equally likely that a flying pink unicorn exists as opposed to a flying non-pink unicorn exists (give that one must exist)?
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs.   smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs. EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 8:49 am

No.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs.   smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs. Empty

Back to top Go down

smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, doing drugs.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The STC Forum :: General Discussion-
Jump to: