The STC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The STC Forum

www.sheeptagforum.tk or https://sheeptag.forumotion.net/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

We need a Auto Host Bot!

Go down 
+4
RoguexRanger
teamEUROPE
Chakra
Nmcdo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Nmcdo

Nmcdo

We need a Auto Host Bot! Empty
PostSubject: We need a Auto Host Bot!   We need a Auto Host Bot! EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 10:09 am

there are lots of people out there we could recruit and it would bump up activity alot Very Happy .
~As said message of joining clan Csb~
Hopefully we get one! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chakra

PostSubject: Re: We need a Auto Host Bot!   We need a Auto Host Bot! EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 10:48 am

Are you talking about autohosting for pubbies? ReVo is far from ideal for that... The old strain of ReVo (which is no longer played) had some HCL modes embedded into it. But the modern maps don't.
Back to top Go down
Nmcdo

Nmcdo

PostSubject: RE:   We need a Auto Host Bot! EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:45 am

yeah, but we would join the games and Recruit and such. (pubbed)
but still we could try it out.
Back to top Go down
teamEUROPE

PostSubject: Re: We need a Auto Host Bot!   We need a Auto Host Bot! EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 5:28 pm

I remember the version 'Sheep Tag Battle'.
Just 1 sheep and wolf round and after it ends.
Would be a good idea.
Back to top Go down
RoguexRanger

PostSubject: Re: We need a Auto Host Bot!   We need a Auto Host Bot! EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 11:17 pm

Seriously though, can one of the clan CsB bots get this going? Not sure what map would be best though. I still maiintain that Ultimate/Fixus is a fun pub map. No need to deal with commands.
Back to top Go down
Spoofy

Spoofy

PostSubject: Re: We need a Auto Host Bot!   We need a Auto Host Bot! EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 5:19 am

old thread but... i could use my bot as an autohost. i just need an efficient map to host, for example if beer or chakra could edit a map like the "alternative 1.3" map, or any other map that has 1 sheep turn, 1 wolf turn and then ends.
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

PostSubject: Re: We need a Auto Host Bot!   We need a Auto Host Bot! EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 2:52 am

auto-hosting doesn't work. it's been done a million times before, the results are marginal at best. it's lazy, uncreative and poorly though through.

the key to recruiting pubs is, and always has been, demonstrating high lvl skill infront of them. show them what they can accomplish if they keep playing. you have to play and interact with them.

you don't just put 6 first-timers in a game and pray to god that they join ur clan afterwards. if anything, this horrible experience will push them away from ever joining a game with the words "sheep tag" in the title again.
Back to top Go down
Chakra

PostSubject: Re: We need a Auto Host Bot!   We need a Auto Host Bot! EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 7:51 am

Was going to comment yesterday about the horrible idea of autohosting games, but Amir got it.

But to expand, it needs to be enjoyable for pubs (and hopefully you). This means letting pubs survive/save and not massing the map. The worse they are, the riskier you play.
Back to top Go down
Nmcdo

Nmcdo

PostSubject: replying   We need a Auto Host Bot! EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 8:24 am

I see what you guys are saying. This was a old idea of mine that I had thought we should atleast try.
But thanks for comments, maybe auto-hosting isnt the best idea, but it is a idea.
Back to top Go down
Chakra

PostSubject: Re: We need a Auto Host Bot!   We need a Auto Host Bot! EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 9:12 am

Further, I want to put this out there: WC3 is dying.

Just to give some numbers, since October 2011:
TFT users have decreased by 72% - 83%.
TFT games have decreased by 20% - 42%.
RoC users have decreased by 40% - 76%.
RoC games have decreased by 12% - 56%.

The low/high bounds are taken from the peak/troughs of the first two weeks of March 2013 (BNet has since suspended /users). It is in comparison to my highest measurements ever taken, starting October 2011 (all 100%'s are within October 2011).

Note how users have decreased much more than games. Probably meaning autohost bots are sitting there hosting unfilled games. That, and we play smaller games, but this is minor compared to the former factor.
Back to top Go down
Spoofy

Spoofy

PostSubject: Re: We need a Auto Host Bot!   We need a Auto Host Bot! EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 4:31 pm

Even if the sheep tag community, or all of battle.net is dying, the game has lasted 11 years, LET SHEEP TAG LIVE ON TO THE AFTER LIFE AND LIVE ON THROUGH OUR DISTANT MEMORIES!
Back to top Go down
T_P_T

T_P_T

PostSubject: Re: We need a Auto Host Bot!   We need a Auto Host Bot! EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 7:17 pm

Spoofy wrote:
Even if the sheep tag community, or all of battle.net is dying, the game has lasted 11 years, LET SHEEP TAG LIVE ON TO THE AFTER LIFE AND LIVE ON THROUGH OUR DISTANT MEMORIES!
or we go play st in sc2 ^^
Back to top Go down
XXXandBEER

PostSubject: Re: We need a Auto Host Bot!   We need a Auto Host Bot! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 3:11 am

T_P_T wrote:
Spoofy wrote:
or we go play st in sc2 ^^

The ST in sc2 is garbage physics is all fucked up on that engine. I could never get used to that shit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We need a Auto Host Bot!   We need a Auto Host Bot! Empty

Back to top Go down

We need a Auto Host Bot!
Page 1 of 1