The STC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The STC Forum

www.sheeptagforum.tk or https://sheeptag.forumotion.net/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Appraisal: Map-maker Performance

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
EstrallaSheep

EstrallaSheep

Appraisal: Map-maker Performance Empty
PostSubject: Appraisal: Map-maker Performance   Appraisal: Map-maker Performance EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 4:00 pm

Beer.

Let's start with the good:

1. You've brought the game back and boosted activity through the roof all by yourself.

2. You're active, you're motivated, you're productive: you're actually developing the map!

3. You've made more changes in the last few weeks than Chakra and idiots even conjured over 5 years.

Now let's move onto the bad:

1. You have no vision, no criterion, and no defined basis for implementing any of the changes you've added. You're sitting in a sandbox throwing sand around with your hands hoping to create a sand-castle: it's not going to happen cowboy.

2. You're an open goal when it comes to any form of manipulation. You've even conceded that Shoop was able to convince you on major point through a 1-on-1 bnet conversation. This is facilitated by (1) since you have no guide-lines to follow, refer to, and fall back on.

3. Again because of (1), you listen to whoever screams the loudest and spends the most time (and is your best friend) trying to convince you. What follows is that you value the opinion of those with a spectacularly bad track-record when it comes to map changes, names include Drew, Chakra, and Shoop. You also value the uneducated majority-opinion which suffers from the exact same flaw as all your changes do: NO CONSISTENCY.

4. Because of (1), (2), and (3), you're in no position - whether it be logically or socially -- to justify any of your changes. That is, you cannot explain why you added X or Y in a satisfactory manner.

That's all for now!
Back to top Go down
Chakra

PostSubject: Re: Appraisal: Map-maker Performance   Appraisal: Map-maker Performance EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 6:38 pm

Quote :
You're sitting in a sandbox throwing sand around with your hands hoping to create a sand-castle: it's not going to happen cowboy.
This is a mixed metaphor and renders your message impotent.
Back to top Go down
XXXandBEER

PostSubject: Re: Appraisal: Map-maker Performance   Appraisal: Map-maker Performance EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 8:48 am

I have done nothing in comparisons to what chakra did.

As for my changes every change has a purpose and reasoning behind it. If you want an explanation on any of my changes ask me I'll tell you why. 90% of my changes were my own doing not even asking for others opinions.

I have asked opinions on invis/bomber that's it. Everything else was my own decisions. For these decisions I decided with what the people who actually play sheep tag want and seeing as there's only about 20 active players why would I want to go against them? I'm trying to make the game fun for myself and the dedicated few players who are willing to play till the wc3 servers are shutdown.

There's really no reason I need to explain any thing I do, but if you would like to hear I'm willing to talk.
Back to top Go down
Celestial_One

PostSubject: Re: Appraisal: Map-maker Performance   Appraisal: Map-maker Performance EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 9:44 am

He's also the only one making the changes so get used to it.
Back to top Go down
EstrallaSheep

EstrallaSheep

PostSubject: Re: Appraisal: Map-maker Performance   Appraisal: Map-maker Performance EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 2:34 pm

Again, I want to reiterate that I think you're fantastic. You've done a legendary job with the map.

However, you can improve in a number of areas.

As I wrote, none of your changes have any consistency. What are you trying to achieve? What is your goal?

You can't be interested in adding any sort of mastery to the map because you've added Blizzard, an item that reduces mastery on every single front (takes no skill to use, it's only useful when there's a last remaining sheep: then it gives the sheep one option ---run out of base to runtag land). You also removed invisibility, and added sentry farms.

If you wanted to be consistent in removing all forms of mastery from the map you should also remove golems and redirect.

What is your basis for implementing changes? No ONE knows because you don't have one. Remember that "enjoyable" or "fun" is not a valid basis for any sort of changes since they are subjective. Majority opinion is also useless because it's just whoever speaks the loudest, and secondly: majority opinion is completely inconsistent.

It seems as if you're just throwing random ingredients into the map and hoping for the best. This might be a half-decent approach at the moment ONLY because Chakra has been the worst mapmaker in history doing NOTHING with the map for years BUT in the long-term it's a horrible approach. You need a vision and a basis for implementing changes.

Back to top Go down
XXXandBEER

PostSubject: Re: Appraisal: Map-maker Performance   Appraisal: Map-maker Performance EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 2:50 pm

EstrallaSheep wrote:

It seems as if you're just throwing random ingredients into the map and hoping for the best.
I guess you can say I'm doing this. Although most of my changes are in the direction of a sheep tag with more fluff items/abilities/uses for farms I'm not concerned with adding/removing things for a certain meta that may or may not take more mastery I'm doing it so people have more options sheep tag in the past was always made for a cutting/massing game and that's fine. My additional items and farm usages are just there so people may develop a new meta that may be unconventional to current meta we use today.

and before "Invis is fluff" yes I agree it is fluff and it may eventually come back into the map.
Back to top Go down
Chakra

PostSubject: Re: Appraisal: Map-maker Performance   Appraisal: Map-maker Performance EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 3:01 pm

Quote :
Remember that "enjoyable" or "fun" is not a valid basis for any sort of changes since they are subjective
How does a basis being subjective make it invalid?
Back to top Go down
I_think_I_own

PostSubject: Re: Appraisal: Map-maker Performance   Appraisal: Map-maker Performance EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 5:12 pm

EstrallaSheep wrote:
This might be a half-decent approach at the moment ONLY because Chakra has been the worst mapmaker in history doing NOTHING with the map for years BUT in the long-term it's a horrible approach.

TRUE STORY LOL
Back to top Go down
EstrallaSheep

EstrallaSheep

PostSubject: Re: Appraisal: Map-maker Performance   Appraisal: Map-maker Performance EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 8:09 pm

XXXandBEER wrote:
EstrallaSheep wrote:

It seems as if you're just throwing random ingredients into the map and hoping for the best.
I guess you can say I'm doing this. Although most of my changes are in the direction of a sheep tag with more fluff items/abilities/uses for farms I'm not concerned with adding/removing things for a certain meta that may or may not take more mastery I'm doing it so people have more options sheep tag in the past was always made for a cutting/massing game and that's fine. My additional items and farm usages are just there so people may develop a new meta that may be unconventional to current meta we use today.

and before "Invis is fluff" yes I agree it is fluff and it may eventually come back into the map.

In other words, you have no vision and no basis for implementing anything. You're sitting in a sandbox randomly throwing sand around trying to create a sandcastle.

That is a shame Sad

No sane person would consider your strategy optimal or even half-good. You need to set goals, construct a plan, and develop a VISION.

THEN you might finally be able to implement CONSISTENT changes that work in symphony (i.e., the same direction).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Appraisal: Map-maker Performance   Appraisal: Map-maker Performance Empty

Back to top Go down

Appraisal: Map-maker Performance
Page 1 of 1