The STC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The STC Forum

www.sheeptagforum.tk or https://sheeptag.forumotion.net/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Make farms 2-hit and add stack farm.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
EnStekPaNnaWOLF

Make farms 2-hit and add stack farm. Empty
PostSubject: Make farms 2-hit and add stack farm.   Make farms 2-hit and add stack farm. EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 7:03 am

The main argument for removing invis was to decrease the amount of boring, static and repetitive "bf-spamming"-massing and increase the amount of actionfilled, intense and skillful playstyles such as runtag, isolation-escaping, tricking and smart massing. This means we want to reward things requiring skill over things requiring no skill in order to increase the mastery.

As an invis-supporter i don't believe removing invis helped doing this at all, in fact it just made it worse. All you did was making the things that required skill with invis less skillrequired, thus decreasing the mastery. You didn't encourage skillful things whatsoever, escaping isolations under pressure and runtag isn't rewarded more now than what it was before. We stand still on the same point only that u removed the mastery in speedmassing and expanding aswell, putting trollpro and traxx closer to each other in skill. This isn't an invis-debate thread tho and i don't want to debate invis here.

"Safemassing" is easy and playing under pressure and taking risks is hard. What we need to do is reward playing under pressure and risktaking. People will always safemass if u don't gain anything from taking risks so what we have to do is FORCE people to play risky and fast to not die. We do this by buffing wolf damage so they 2-hit farms from the start aswell as making 1-hit much easier to get.

By doing this we will:

1. Make the wolves isolating much faster, forcing the sheeps to think a lot more, take faster decisions and do risky moves in order to not get isolated. Which means more mastery.

2. Increase the amount of isolations. We all know escaping isolations requires mass skill. That's why i escape 9/10 isolations while a_polar escapes 2/10.

Point 2 leads me directly to my second idea. The stack farm is perhaps the tool that can be used the most creatively and requires the most skill to use perfectly. Pro players can use the stack farm to escape isolations and runtag much better than what noobs can, this means MUCH more mastery. Stack was earlier removed because it was too "op", it was so lame when it took the wolves 5 min to isolate a player and he could just escape with stack if he was skilled. I can understand this argument but with wolves 2-hitting farms the amount of isolations will grow insanely much. Under conditions where the sheep is constantly pressured, the stack isn't too op. Noobs will die like flies and pros will be able to survive under the constant pressure of wolves, more mastery.
Back to top Go down
Chakra

Make farms 2-hit and add stack farm. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make farms 2-hit and add stack farm.   Make farms 2-hit and add stack farm. EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 9:18 am

Quote :
We do this by buffing wolf damage so they 2-hit farms from the start aswell as making 1-hit much easier to get.
One hit farms should not be made significantly easier to achieve. If anything, they should be just as difficult to further encourage use of other items (requiring an introduction of new possibilities). With two-hit farms and classical saving farms, sheep are not going to be able to achieve constant upgrade farm usage, and one hit would completely devastate normal massing.

With a high investment required to go from two-hit to one-hit, it will discourage farming gold for getting one hit but rather encourage getting iron golems and getting them to four-hit or whatever. Golem macroing requires a much higher skill mastery than cutting with one-hit anyways.

Also, just to be clear, aura farms should up two-hit farms to three-hit status, and +18 damage should be required to take it back down to two-hit (two c9s or a c21).
Back to top Go down

Make farms 2-hit and add stack farm.
Page 1 of 1