The STC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The STC Forum

www.sheeptagforum.tk or https://sheeptag.forumotion.net/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Moderation Guide

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shoop

Shoop

Moderation Guide Empty
PostSubject: Moderation Guide   Moderation Guide EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 1:17 am

We know who moderates, but how and what to moderate? Discuss here and we can form a kind of guide for the mods to follow, its no point for me to make this list alone since it should be based on what everyone thinks, but I get it started with what I think everyone will agree on :

* Remove all spam
* Move flame/joke/turdtopics to Drop Zone
* Remove OT posts

Last edited by Shoop on Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TrollPro

TrollPro

Moderation Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation Guide   Moderation Guide EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 2:26 am

Sidey makes a lot of turd topics and joke topics and they are funny as hell, would they get deleted then?
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

Moderation Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation Guide   Moderation Guide EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 3:08 am

Depends on what topics you are talking about. Some would get move some wont. I cant remember any funny topics Sidey made the last 2-3 years though.
Back to top Go down
Celestial_One

Moderation Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation Guide   Moderation Guide EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 2:36 pm

Something you might consider spam could be highly amusing for the rest of the community shoop. So why don't you broaden your guide to what the exact grammar and joke structure of a post may or may not be. What pictures are okay and what aren't? Is it okay if I post Ghandi belly dancing? I heard that might be banned in India and we have a couple indian posters. Hitler is a definite no-no because of Germany. OBV Stalin is off limits too.

Can we make fun of Muhammad and post funny pictures or is that too offensive?

I look forward to our highly qualified Administrators to answer these questions.
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

Moderation Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation Guide   Moderation Guide EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 6:36 pm

Its not my guide, its the whole forums. Someone just has to make the first post. If you disagree with anything or wants to add something post it. If you want to compete with itio about who got worst humor, make a topic in the Drop Zone and stop leeching of real other peoples topics.
Back to top Go down
TrollPro

TrollPro

Moderation Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation Guide   Moderation Guide EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 3:37 am

U might not consider them funny tho, normal peops do cause as long as the jukes aint directed at them then it's good humor, u had no problems trolling me when sidey made the vid of me in runtag.
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

Moderation Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation Guide   Moderation Guide EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 5:05 am

Lol I dont care if its directed at me, its just not my sense of humor. Before I found Sidey funny I dont anymore. That ofcourse has nothing to do with how the topics should be moderated. If you specify what topic(s) you are talking about it will be easier to answer your question.
Back to top Go down
TrollPro

TrollPro

Moderation Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation Guide   Moderation Guide EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:52 am

Peops who think sidey make funny flame topics against u then it doesen't make us others who post there that we hate you tho, we do or i do it for the lols. Like the hatemail topic
Back to top Go down
Celestial_One

Moderation Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation Guide   Moderation Guide EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 8:51 am

Alright shoop I'll take this topic seriously. Please take the time to post a serious response.

Has anyone ever thought of just not moderating posts ever? The community is so small and the posts per day is like tops 5. Does it really matter if there's 2-3 spam posts when those are probably the only posts all day.

Obviously if Itio is spamming GGG LOL!!!!! 7 times in a row it could be deleted, but anything aside from intent for forum destruction should be left aside.

Is there really an impending threat of these forums dying without moderation?

I'd say it's more likely people will end up unhappy if there are people moderating, because everyone holds their own standards for moderation, and within a small community such as this it's impossible for people not to take it personally. After all it's not a mystery that there are personal vendettas all over the sheep tag community.

So I suppose the real question is: do we go moderation nazi and have a guide or do we just not moderate at all? Frankly most the posts I see deleted aren't even hurting anyone. So what if some kid made a 3 word post? It's not like these forums hold much quality anymore anyways. Maybe 1 in 10 topics make it past 10 posts, and 1 in 3 of those topics are actually decent material. Obviously those numbers are made up, but the point is the quality of this forum is complete shit anyways. Why not let it be shit? It seemed to flourish when there was the least amount of moderating going on, and the only activity following any moderation is the activity of members being mad at the person moderating.
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

Moderation Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation Guide   Moderation Guide EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 9:08 am

The problem is a big reason people dont put more effort into their posts might be that they know the topics will get ruined with spamposts. Moderating wont be about removing a lot of things, its just about recognizing that certain topics require a higher standard of posts than others and I think we should make it possible for those kind of topics to thrive in the forum aswell.

Also the posts you are talking about "GG" etc are exacly the kind of posts that has been killing the forum. Posts without any content in discussions that have potential to become good if people who are actually interested in them are just allowed to discuss without itios ruining for them.

I want the forum to be open for all kind of topics, if you want to make a topic which requires very high quality posts, perhaps a discussion about mapchanges, you should be able to do so without it being ruined by posts like "lol these idea sucks why u bother? Very Happy:D" and "rofl umad?". And if itio wants to make a 16th list of the people he likes least on BNet he should be able to do so. That way we keep this forum open and hopefully attractive for everyone in the community and that way we encourage people to make new topics and thus making the forum more attractive.

Also I dont know what period you are referring to when you say the forum the forum flourish when the least amount of moderating was going on. The last weeks we literally have had NO moderating. The forum have more or less died under this period. Before the forum have more or less consisted in Sidey removing itios topics. I think we need to add removing spamposts IN topics to that to do list, and I think we can move itios topics to the Drop Zone instead of the Basket.

But as I said this is my view, how do you think the forum should be moderated Cele?
Back to top Go down
Celestial_One

Moderation Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation Guide   Moderation Guide EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 10:23 am

It's not up to me it's the whole forum's decision.
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

Moderation Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation Guide   Moderation Guide EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:34 am

I didnt ask you to decide I asked you to say what you thought. How do you think we should do it?
Back to top Go down
Celestial_One

Moderation Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation Guide   Moderation Guide EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:19 am

Shoop wrote:
I didnt ask you to decide I asked you to say what you thought. How do you think we should do it?

I don't think anyone should moderate at all unless they are 1 word posts/spam responses. These forums aren't dying because of some posting spam or w.e they're dying because sheep tag is already dead, and the few people posting care less and less.

How do you think we should moderate? Obviously your style of moderation would take more than 3 sentences like the OP to explain.

Quote :
* Remove all spam
* Move flame/joke/turdtopics to Drop Zone
* Remove OT posts

What is considered spam? What is the line between a post and spam?
Why should flame/joke topics be moved to the drop zone if they are within the community? Some of these forums most popular threads have been flame threads and caused the most activity. Why should they be moved to the "shit zone".
What is considered an off-topic post? Where is the line drawn?
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

Moderation Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation Guide   Moderation Guide EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:21 am

Lol, I just explained how I think we should moderate the forum.
Shoop wrote:
The problem is a big reason people dont put more effort into their posts might be that they know the topics will get ruined with spamposts. Moderating wont be about removing a lot of things, its just about recognizing that certain topics require a higher standard of posts than others and I think we should make it possible for those kind of topics to thrive in the forum aswell.

Also the posts you are talking about "GG" etc are exacly the kind of posts that has been killing the forum. Posts without any content in discussions that have potential to become good if people who are actually interested in them are just allowed to discuss without itios ruining for them.

I want the forum to be open for all kind of topics, if you want to make a topic which requires very high quality posts, perhaps a discussion about mapchanges, you should be able to do so without it being ruined by posts like "lol these idea sucks why u bother? Very Happy:D" and "rofl umad?". And if itio wants to make a 16th list of the people he likes least on BNet he should be able to do so. That way we keep this forum open and hopefully attractive for everyone in the community and that way we encourage people to make new topics and thus making the forum more attractive.

Also I dont know what period you are referring to when you say the forum the forum flourish when the least amount of moderating was going on. The last weeks we literally have had NO moderating. The forum have more or less died under this period. Before the forum have more or less consisted in Sidey removing itios topics. I think we need to add removing spamposts IN topics to that to do list, and I think we can move itios topics to the Drop Zone instead of the Basket.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Moderation Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation Guide   Moderation Guide Empty

Back to top Go down

Moderation Guide
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The STC Forum :: Community Discussion-
Jump to: