The STC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The STC Forum

www.sheeptagforum.tk or https://sheeptag.forumotion.net/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Best ST Countries (per capita)?

Go down 
+4
Chakra
Celestial_One
TrollPro
Shoop
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Shoop

Shoop

Best ST Countries (per capita)? Empty
PostSubject: Best ST Countries (per capita)?   Best ST Countries (per capita)? EmptySat May 26, 2012 7:09 am

What countries do you think are best in ST per capita? For me the 1st place almost obviously goes to Sweden with players like myself, Sidey, Exa, Traxx, Stek and historically LL, be3r[behh] and many more. But after that it gets harder? USA probably got more pros than for instance NL, Norway or Belgium. But is a lot bigger too. For instance they are around 60 times as big as Norway. That means just Amir would constitute 60 world-class players from USA. But yeah its a bit weird to compare like this.
Back to top Go down
TrollPro

TrollPro

PostSubject: Re: Best ST Countries (per capita)?   Best ST Countries (per capita)? EmptySat May 26, 2012 11:54 am

Shoop wrote:
What countries do you think are best in ST per capita? For me the 1st place almost obviously goes to Sweden with players like myself, Sidey, Exa, Traxx, Stek and historically LL, be3r[behh] and many more. But after that it gets harder? USA probably got more pros than for instance NL, Norway or Belgium. But is a lot bigger too. For instance they are around 60 times as big as Norway. That means just Amir would constitute 60 world-class players from USA. But yeah its a bit weird to compare like this.
Sidey is better than u shoop, i wont even discuss why, u probably know why yourself.
Back to top Go down
Celestial_One

PostSubject: Re: Best ST Countries (per capita)?   Best ST Countries (per capita)? EmptyWed May 30, 2012 11:39 pm

USA
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Best ST Countries (per capita)?   Best ST Countries (per capita)? EmptyThu May 31, 2012 4:44 am

How do you figure USA before for instance Sweden?
Back to top Go down
Chakra

PostSubject: Re: Best ST Countries (per capita)?   Best ST Countries (per capita)? EmptyThu May 31, 2012 6:29 am

The question is entirely impossible to answer, lol.

Sure, you can take number of STs from Sweden and divide by Swedish population... but that's like saying Sweden BLOWS at American Football because they have no super great teams.

You must consider how many people even play WarCraft. Then you must consider the group dynamic (IE, so few Americans play ST to begin with, obviously it is that much harder to recruit from the American pool).

Such statistics you, nor anyone, has access to.
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Best ST Countries (per capita)?   Best ST Countries (per capita)? EmptyThu May 31, 2012 7:51 am

Sweden do suck at american football lol.

Btw what kind of statistics is it that you want? The question is what country is best at sheeptag per capita. Which means per citizen. Why would we have to consider how many people play Warcraft?

For me its fairly obvious that USA do not have 30 times better players than Sweden. Its even a question if you have better players than Sweden at all.

Sweden vs USA in a ST game could get kind of interesting.

Shoop, Traxx, Exa, Beeeh, Stek vs whoever you got availeble, I am pretty sure we would win. ^^

I think Sweden is without competition for the first place if you consider how many people live here and how good sheeptagplayers we have had both historically and atm. After us in a historic perspective it gets more interesting. Maybe NL with players like CMK, DragonRuler, Jenuwar, etc?
Back to top Go down
Chakra

PostSubject: Re: Best ST Countries (per capita)?   Best ST Countries (per capita)? EmptyThu May 31, 2012 8:02 am

Quote :
Why would we have to consider how many people play Warcraft?
Because if 1000 Americans play and 100 Swedes play.
And 5% of these communities are considered great at ST.
That means 50 Americans, and 5 Swedes.

Yet that correlates to Sweden having three times more "per capita" players.

You want to analyze a subset of a subset, and then compare that to the whole. Similar to American Football, of course Sweden will perform badly because their first subset, those who even play American Football, makes the second subset (those who are good at American Football) extremely poorly.

If you knew anything about statistics, you'd realize why looking at just general populations of countries is retarded in this respect.
And even then, such statistics are hardly useful at best, because they can be easily explained away by group dynamics of recruitment.
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Best ST Countries (per capita)?   Best ST Countries (per capita)? EmptyThu May 31, 2012 8:12 am

Chakra, the thing is that I am not comparing a "subset of a subset".

Btw, what do you mean with "in this respect" in this sentence?
"If you knew anything about statistics, you'd realize why looking at just general populations of countries is retarded in this respect.

Noone is arguing against Sweden sucking in American Football and yes the main reason is probably that noone in Sweden gives a shit about it. What is your point and how is it incorrect to say that USA is a lot better than Sweden in American Football?

Edit : I just wanted to let everyone know Chakra realized his errors when we took the discussion on BNet and in usual Chakrastyle trolled and when that didnt work squelched me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Chakra

PostSubject: Re: Best ST Countries (per capita)?   Best ST Countries (per capita)? EmptyThu May 31, 2012 8:34 am

So apparently Shoop doesn't understand what I was saying.

It is obvious to anyone with a brain that you can get "STers per capita." What I was saying is that such a statistic is useless and doesn't correlate to the best ST country, as which is Shoop's interior motive.

And if we stuck to such a statistic, this entire thread is about as retarded and contentless as Sidey's worst forum posters thread.

It's funny that Shoop vehemently argues against useless statistics being put into the map, but when useless statistics can benefit him, such as this, he thinks they are good/interesting. ^^
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Best ST Countries (per capita)?   Best ST Countries (per capita)? EmptyThu May 31, 2012 9:09 am

Chakra
I havent argued that this statistics is usefull in any way. And I have especially not argued that it should be put into the map. If you didnt mean what you wrote it is your problem, dont blame it on me.

Lets analyze your post.

"The question is entirely impossible to answer, lol.

Sure, you can take number of STs from Sweden and divide by Swedish population... but that's like saying Sweden BLOWS at American Football because they have no super great teams.

You must consider how many people even play WarCraft. Then you must consider the group dynamic (IE, so few Americans play ST to begin with, obviously it is that much harder to recruit from the American pool).

Such statistics you, nor anyone, has access to."

Your first statement is that it is impossible to answer this question. Arguably thats true, in the same sense as we cant answer who is the best sheeptagplayer etc. That I have no problem with.

But your arguments to why it is impossible is interesting. First you write some irrelevant freakshit about "thats like saying Sweden BLOWS at American Football". We do, wtf is the problem here lol?

But then you write "You must consider how many people even play WarCraft" WITHOUT explaining why. This either mean that you missformulated yourself or that you think that you need to consider how many people play WC in order to answer the question what the best ST country per capita is?

Afterwards I gave you plenty of chances, both here and on BNet, to explain what you meant by this and NOWHERE did you write it was the question "best st country per capita" you had a problem with.

Next time, swallow your pride and admit you made a misstake so we wont have to go through with this. Obviously you think the question is irrelevant. Write that instead of mass bullshit.
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

PostSubject: Re: Best ST Countries (per capita)?   Best ST Countries (per capita)? EmptyThu May 31, 2012 4:19 pm

norway has the highest average skill -> norway is best.

sweden/usa has many good players through history. top 5 usa/sweden would SHIT on norway. but they've had a lot of bad players as well.

compile every swedish sheeptagger through history, and draw a random team of 5 players. do the same with norway and usa. norway would be the best team in (rough estimation) over 50% of instances, based on the relative skill of the players during their time(we consider fur1iouz a tier 1 player etc).

LT has the highest average skill (nightmare = average), but if we only consider countries that has had 5 or more players, norway is rank 1.

letS go0Oo0oooO
Back to top Go down
Night

PostSubject: Re: Best ST Countries (per capita)?   Best ST Countries (per capita)? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 1:40 am

Yeah i already discussed this matter with shoop. Lithuania is ranked nr 1 in average skill, but its not fair since theres only 1 player. Most fairest would be to rank countries who had 5 or more players.
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Best ST Countries (per capita)?   Best ST Countries (per capita)? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 4:57 pm

What players did Norway have btw? I remember there was one or two good players back in the days, and maybe some others, but I forgot all names.
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

PostSubject: Re: Best ST Countries (per capita)?   Best ST Countries (per capita)? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 6:32 pm

from what i can remember now: me, furiouz, ninken, lizo, wizardwoman(roc kid). there were probably a few more. pigonfire[behh]/jeggaro as well.

say that me/furiouz are tier 1, ninken/jeggaro tier 2, lizo tier 3. ill put the average of pig/wizard between tier 3 and 4(seen them play 2-3 times each, no idea how good they really are). you get a weak tier 2 average.

average for usa is tier 4 with the monster amount of bad players. average for sweden is between tier 2 and 3, most likely closer to tier 3.

very rough, biased and limited estimation, but that's my case for norway Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Map

Map

PostSubject: Re: Best ST Countries (per capita)?   Best ST Countries (per capita)? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 7:34 pm

Wizardwoman is JokerWOLF & he and Lizo were never tier 3.Very Happy

- i think, the >average< of Germany is very good also.
If we take people like: Martin,kotaro,Damiano,Mungo,Tay,Hanku,Laauch,Blitz,...
I could Name a Lot more.
But ye, we've bad peoPle also: exodus, firewolf and some more.
I still think, we have one of the best averages.
Back to top Go down
Night

PostSubject: Re: Best ST Countries (per capita)?   Best ST Countries (per capita)? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 8:07 pm

Mappy. wrote:
Wizardwoman is JokerWOLF & he and Lizo were never tier 3.Very Happy

- i think, the >average< of Germany is very good also.
If we take people like: Martin,kotaro,Damiano,Mungo,Tay,Hanku,Laauch,Blitz,...
I could Name a Lot more.
But ye, we've bad peoPle also: exodus, firewolf and some more.
I still think, we have one of the best averages.

Problem is with germany is that it hasn't produced any top skill players. All of ur named above are either average or upper average skill. Germanys average would be like weak tier 3 at best.

Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

PostSubject: Re: Best ST Countries (per capita)?   Best ST Countries (per capita)? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 9:19 pm

lizo is one of the most underrated players. his wolfing is bad but his massing can be quite good. he's young and doesn't care enough about winning to focus 100% every game, but the skill is there.

if we're talking about 4 tiers, lizo is definitely tier 3 imo. not that tier 3 is some great achievement..but yeah Very Happy

germany = represents alot of players, and their TOP players(the ones you mentioned) are tier 2-3. get lost with this shit rofl. your average is between tier 3 and 4.
Back to top Go down
Map

Map

PostSubject: Re: Best ST Countries (per capita)?   Best ST Countries (per capita)? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 11:36 pm

CHIEFHERO[SKS] wrote:
lizo is one of the most underrated players. his wolfing is bad but his massing can be quite good. he's young and doesn't care enough about winning to focus 100% every game, but the skill is there.

if we're talking about 4 tiers, lizo is definitely tier 3 imo. not that tier 3 is some great achievement..but yeah Very Happy

germany = represents alot of players, and their TOP players(the ones you mentioned) are tier 2-3. get lost with this shit rofl. your average is between tier 3 and 4.

Tier 2 - 3. Or you just overrate LizO? But I don't care about one single person, germany has a lot of good players,yes, not the best. But our average is good because of a lot very good players and less bad. For example. Sweden's average is now worse because of new Swedish sheeptagger like sheepylove,sheepyskill & a lot of more others I won't note.
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Best ST Countries (per capita)?   Best ST Countries (per capita)? EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 6:44 am

Yeah but Sweden also have players like me, Exa, Traxx, Stek etc.

But amir, wasnt Furiouz dk?
Back to top Go down
CandyManKiller

CandyManKiller

PostSubject: Re: Best ST Countries (per capita)?   Best ST Countries (per capita)? EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 11:53 am

everyone knows that i am the best
you all sux ^^^
i done the most for the community
Back to top Go down
CandyManKiller

CandyManKiller

PostSubject: Re: Best ST Countries (per capita)?   Best ST Countries (per capita)? EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 11:55 am

the Netherlands are by far the best country in the world we would take on everyone!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best ST Countries (per capita)?   Best ST Countries (per capita)? Empty

Back to top Go down

Best ST Countries (per capita)?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The STC Forum :: Community Discussion-
Jump to: